Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on setting up a wireless LAN (the non tech side)

Options
  • 04-02-2003 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for some info on setting up a wireless LAN. It will be based in Lexlip (Co. kildare) Seeing as there does not seam to be any hope in hell of getting Cable/ADSL or wireless out there. I'm looking at the law side of things. IE: what Frq's can be used and what licances are needed to run one. The idea of the lan will be for a network and maybe a leaced line of some sort. This is just an idea mind you. Also what sort of funding would be required?

Really I'm just looking for as much info on the matter as I can get.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

try Irishwan , note that they may have others in your area who wish to do same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Grand, Thanks muck. I'll post to the forums there when I get home.

but if any boads.ie users are in the area and would like to get in on it. could the message me.

I'm waiting on some wireless D-link Airplus stuff at the moment. So I'be be using that kinda hardware.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It strikes me as perhaps the ultimate indictment of this lil' ol' country of ours that a town with one of Intel's biggest operations anywhere doesn't have anything remotely like broadband...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Not sure where to move this. Most people reading Broadband already have it. Nets/comms then.

Advertisement