Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UltiMAME

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Thats a nice bit of kit but it's in no way worth the asking price! It's defo aimed at the young batchelor with lots a cash to spend and not much clue about the emulation/arcade scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

If I could get off my fat arse and do some proper research and repair on the cabinet I got I could have one of my own running as we speak.... :)

Looks nice but the price is a but steep.

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    If I could get off my fat arse and do some proper research and repair on the cabinet I got I could have one of my own running as we speak.... :)

Looks nice but the price is a but steep.

Whats the problem with your cab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.hanaho.com/products/ArcadePC/index.html

here some others without the pc.

kdjac

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Whats the problem with your cab?

It needs some rewiring done on it and some work on the monitor. On the Atari Space duel that I own that was butchered to run SF2 (got the pcb of it aswell with it) the game boots but monitor again needs work which i can safely say I am unable to work with monitors as I know squat all about them. I have planned to restore the Atari cab to its original state (i.e. as it was in '81) And then to make MAME conversion of the other one. Problem is it all takes time which is something that I have to in short supply atm. :(

• Advertisement

Well if it's pinouts/loose wires or something that wouldn't be that difficult but trying to get a monitor fixed in Ireland would cost you an arm and a leg. What make is the monitor? Plenty of repair guides on the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

monitors still carry a charge even plugged out ,not a good idea opening it ,unless you hate your wife and she has small hands and yours are to big to unscrew it ;)

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    monitors still carry a charge even plugged out ,not a good idea opening it ,unless you hate your wife and she has small hands and yours are to big to unscrew it ;)

kdjac

Aye I know! That was one of my main reasons for not going near it, the make of one of the monitors is a hantrex afaik. And no I dont have a wife lol hmm maybe if I still had my ex!

Advertisement