Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Monday 03-02-2003

Options
  • 03-02-2003 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

OK kiddies, what map do you want ?

we can continue with current module which I think you where about to finish, or move to the new one.

I'm not sure if I'll be around in time to start the server at 8, so I'm going to do it early, but set a new password, which I'll mail to lolth who can post it here closer to the time.

For shadowlords you'll need this

http://www.darkkeep.com/files/modules/adam_miller_shadowlordshak.zip

unless I hear different this is what will be put on.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I think we still have to finish BT3 temple of the elder gods. We have the key and we've found the temple. The time just depends on how long to temple takes to finish.

Is there a way to switch the modules through the Portal server? Just change the destination of the portal itself to point to the new module?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not at the moment. Dont think theres a way to load do it from the DM client.

ok, last save game loaded and running. Lolth will release the password later.

We can start shadow lords on wednesday.

off to the pub. I'll write up the module tomorrow :)

t'was good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

That was good fun last night. I have to get my Sorcerer up a few levels though.. starting out on level 1 was painful.. especially since i seemed to have lost all my weapons before i got into the quest. I will definatly be back for more though.

What levels are everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Welcome Saruman,

You had the bad timing of starting just when we were about to finish the 1st campaign module.

We are all lvl 4-6.
    The Monday and Wednesday games are "campaigns" in that we started afresh with lvl 1 chr's and those chr's are locked and only available for the campaigns.
    This is to avoid people lvling way ahead and importing equip from other mods.

This would explain your problem with missing equip if you bought them in the portal inn.

Cya Wed for a new module

everyone else is about the 5th level mark. not sure about zzap.

sally is 7th, I think Shan is too.

I didn't know you were 1st. We can level you up to match the group on wednesday. Just to make everyone nice and even. (well, almost even).

Actually i did not do too badly last night.. i mean by the end of the campaign i was level 3... Though i only got level 3 when the campaign ended... ah well..

So Wed is a new module and everyone starts from scratch? Or do we keep the same characters?

Things turned around when i got to level 2 and changed my familiar to an ice memphit.. then he could go kick some ass.. also when i was kindly given some bolts i could do more than cast a few little spells!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

any time, mate!

aye, was a great game yesterday. Thou I lost some XP, I finally managed to gain a level (am not at lvl6) and got 3.5k left to lvl7 if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to tomorrow

cya
    - Flash

Saruman, you did very well for a character so far behind the rest.

We will be keeping the same characters on wednesday. If we get the dm password sorted out, I'll get everyone below 10k xp up to 10k (lvl 5) which seems to be the average level of the group. Some minor equipment as well.

If I can't do it, I'm sure the lovely Rev will oblige :)

Dont forget to download the hakpak needed for the shadowlords campaign. Without it you won't be able to joinin the scenario.

See rev's first post in this thread for the download site. The file is about 3meg, you extract it to your HAK directory in the NWN folder. The hakpack is the only one you will need to download for the entire set of adventures.

At 5th level, the first scenario is going to be rpetty quick, assuming the spawns don't level up to 5th (the scenario is meant for 1-2 lvl characters, and 4-6 of them. We are waaay above that :) ). If Rev is there, perhaps we can log out while he changes over the module to the second in the series, but real life takes precedence so that might not happen.

Should be fun either way :)

• Advertisement

I'll be around for wednesday. We'll be using the current characters.

Just to let the rest know, I'll be dropping the ranger side of my char (not developing further) and going for a more tank like approach. We have too many fire support and not enough front line characters. Once I get some decent armour, I should be able to hold me own in the front line pretty well :)

Aye i have the hak pak.. got that a while ago while downloading various mods... Saruman will be back and hopefully get a bit more xp and up some levels.. some money will be nice too!!

Bit different to the characters im used to... The one i used from the single player campaign was pretty cool by the end.. Level 17 but part Paladin, fighter and a bit of rouge... excellent all rounder and some real cool weapons and armour!!

Also i have another sorcerer in a mod im playing in work, he is level 19 and is very cool most of the time.. Im playing a pimps quest.. anyone try it? Good fun!!

If you've any requests for modules stick them here and I'll do my best to get them up on the server.

Theres normally a game server running (except when the campaign server is up), so if u ever fancy a game pop onto teh server and take the portal outside the inn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

don't worry about the equipment, saruman. As soon as we find a merchant again, I'm sure the party will set you up with all you need.
    Just list what you need. (weapons, armor, ammo, scrolls, potions, health-kits...)

cya
    - Flash

Im thinking that the next time i level up i will choose a different familiar and as such a different stratagy. In the pimp mod my sorcerer uses the fairy... i send her on to dissable traps and open locks on chests and doors and to scout ahead. Maybe I will incorporate that into the party... send my familiar on to scout and make safe any traps etc... she can go invisible so should be ok and if she is killed... well at least the party is safe and has warning. What do you think???

with a thief in the party a faerie is a bit non-essential. The ice mephit is pretty good. the panther gets killed too easily. I personally like the hell hound.

I hope they expand the familiars in the expansion.

with a thief in the party a faerie is a bit non-essential

Thats true.. i was just thinking that its better to risk the familiar than a party member.. as far as i know i dont loose xp when my familiar dies.. though i could be wrong.. anyway it does not matter.. guess its better to stick with the mephit... or is the hell hound a better one? Never used that one.

mephit is faster than a hell hound. Hell hound does more damage.

when your familiar dies, you take 1d6 points of damage (i think this changes with your level).

Advertisement