Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation + soundproof for Workshop

Options
  • 03-02-2003 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I am in planning stage for a workshop. Because I want to minimize the noise from the powertools, I am looking at which is the best insulation and sound proof product to use.

Anyone have good advise?

Also, I am looking for 2 products:
    - some sheets that looks like bricks for the outside of the workshop.
    - Felth that looks like black shingles.

If anyone knows where to find those products?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

I'd be more inclined to put up a thread on www.channel4.com/forums
    You can get all sorts of thermal backed plasterboard, but that is more for domestic noise reduction as apposed to powertools.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by CYC
    I am in planning stage for a workshop. Because I want to minimize the noise from the powertools, I am looking at which is the best insulation and sound proof product to use.
    What is the workshop built from? If it is a bit on the 'rough' side, sealing joint wiil be the quickest way to reduce noise escaping. If you want to cut down on internal noise, go for something soft (pegboard / hardboard?) to reduce reflected noise.
    Originally posted by CYC
    Also, I am looking for 2 products: - some sheets that looks like bricks for the outside of the workshop.
    I'm not aware of any brick sheet products - brick slips are available (approximately 215 x 65 x 15), but these are as expensive (if not more expensive) than bricks.
    Originally posted by CYC
    - Felth that looks like black shingles.
    What do you mean by shingles? Roof tiles? I suspect your best bet is to go for a slate finished bitumen felt (often greenish).

Advertisement