Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Session 9

• 01-02-2003 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted a review for a horror movie called "Session 9" today (just released on video, apparently). Has anyone seen it?

From: http://breaking.examiner.ie/2003/02/01/story86635.html (text posted because I don't know how long the link will be valid for)
    Mainstream horror films today have become nothing more than brainless slasher flicks.

Audiences have to watch a batch of idiot teens drink, screw around and get butchered by some maniac whose only reason for doing so is to fill the time in between the beginning of the film and the end.

But Session 9 is different. Much different. An asbestos abatement team wins the bid to clean up an old and abandoned insane asylum, but in order to get their hefty bonus they must finish within a week.

The job becomes complicated when two of the workers cannot get along, due to their past, and another worker discovers tapes in the basement of a former patient and her split personalities.

But that’s just the beginning. Soon, one of the workers goes missing and the tapes begin to take a darker turn as the interviewing doctor tries to discover who the mysterious personality Simon is. Still darker things are to come…

Session 9 is possibly the best horror film to come out in decades. It has a simple story and slowly builds to its horrifying climax. There is no sex. There is hardly any gore. This is a film that creates an atmosphere that can only be described as chilling.

It is an excellent example of what the horror genre has been missing for years — horror. In the world of clones, this is an original. Do yourself a favour, listen to the voices in your head and see Session 9.
    It sounds really really promising. Anyone seen it? Good? Bad? More info please!

- Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

In fairness, it's a good film. That review seems to have over-chuffed it a bit, but it still provided some pretty chilling atmosphere, and a rather gripping plot. Just dont see it expecting anything brilliant.

Mind you, David Caruso was quite brilliant in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i thought it was very good and it makes me think twice now before i through water over somebody!

Good film, but it lacked something! Perhaps more Blood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

i didnt no wether to get it out or not but
    sure i may as well now! doesnt sound so bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

well i got it and yea quite good! good story line!
    get a bit confused 4 a wee while but then got it!

Advertisement