Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK the craziest idea!!

Options
  • 31-01-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I was sat in my little hut (i do that you know, like eastenders they have allotment) and was thinking, before Eircon €ircom or Eircom (what ever they are called) can supply broad band in Ireland ( i mean to areas that need it), would it not be a good idea for someone to catch a ferry to the UK and bring a cable over (heaven knows it will be quicker) and I was also wondering why EsatBT dont have a website like the BT site in the uk, there you can register your interest in Broadband in your area and when it gets to 400 they will link it up.

Anyone with me on the trip to the UK, I will see if Peats supply fibre optic.

We must take action!!!

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

you are right.that IS a stupid idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭iwb

Theres plenty of capacity to the UK and beyond. Now with ESBs network, we also have lots of capacity around the country. What you should do is get a very long roll of cat 5 and roll it out of the back of your car, connecting all the houses in the country to the ESB nodes. Just make sure none of the houses are more than 100M away from the ESB PoPs:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was also wondering why EsatBT dont have a website like the BT site in the uk, there you can register your interest in Broadband in your area and when it gets to 400 they will link it up.

They said they would several months ago. As I've said before, there's no technical reason why they couldn't -- in fact they're in a better position to do it than Eircom, since their parent company has the software already.

I said that I'd start developing something if a system wasn't in place by the end of February. Looks like I'd better get started. *sigh*

adam

Advertisement