Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the name of this ST game?

Options
  • 31-01-2003 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember a game for the Atari ST (it may have been available for other machines) where you contolled a robot and each level you had to fight another robot in a kind of arena. If you won you got some cash which you could use to buy better weapons, shields etc.

I've been looking for this game for ages, but since I cant even remember the name of it, I obviously havent been able to find it. So can anyone help me out??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Err...sure they're robot's? At first guess It sounds to me like Smash TV. Any other clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Robots fighting? Atari ST? Hmmm...

You're more than likely thinking of Rise of the Robots;
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/view_review/reviewerId,60/gameId,1533/platformId,2/
    It dosn't directly refer to the ST version there but I do remember seeing it all those years ago (suddenly I feel ooolllldddd ;) ) Shame it's also one of the worst games ever made in history.. I mean EVER.. really it's astonishing it ever got released..

If Robots fighting is your thing though then I can't recommend One Must Fall enough. http://www.free-games-net.com/games/omf2097.shtml Shareware one upon a time but is now completely free. Damn accomplished title especially considering when it was made.

Enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

rise of the robots never came out on the atari st. it was dead by the time that appeard. there may have been an amiga version, but im not to sure of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

There was an Amiga version of Rise Of The Robots , not sure
    bout Atari ST though.
    The game was a massive flop.It was crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The Amiga version came on 13 disks:) (I **** you not) but has a HD install. It's not as bad as people make out ;) I've acquired the images and peeps should give it a try. It Was released on the A1200 and the CD32.

• Advertisement
Advertisement