Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Investigate Slamming and Winback Activities by Eircom

Options
  • 30-01-2003 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Comreg conducted an investigation 'on its own initiative' into these activities. While it was conducted under the agis of LLU regulations it resulted in Eircom being told that there should be no winback attempts for 3 months after a change of carrier.

Naturally, if there was nothing to investigate then there wouldn't be any need to tell Eircom to back off for 3 months.....would there?

Eircom actually submitted that one month of peace and quiet would make the heart grow fonder of their pricing matrix :D , full notice
    Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Was this study started when they were the ODTR?

If not, then ComReg are really starting to impress me. In a matter of months we are seeing movement in friaco, broadband, uso matters and now this.

I know that a lot of this stuff was underway beforehand, but they really seem to be following through on this stuff and not dropping the ball.

This might come across as more optimism on my behalf, but its the way i think the public will see it.

(ok, optimism off, Ill go looking for someone to ban now.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

(ok, optimism off, Ill go looking for someone to ban now.)

ME ME ME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Title page of the ComReg document:

'OWN INITIATIVE
    INVESTIGATION
    FINAL DETERMINATION

No. 01/03
    Summary
    Document No:
    ComReg 03/11
    Date: 30 January 2003"

ComReg are really very proud with themselves now. So proud they even forgot to put the purpose of their "Own Initiative Investigation" into the big lettered title of their document.

Only on page two it becomes clear what the "Own Initiative Investigation" is about:
    Summary of the final determination of the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) own initiative investigation regarding the “No Contact Period” associated with Local Loop Unbundling (LLU.)'

If I remember right they had a similar phrase in their "off-book pricing investigation" document.

While the phrase may refer to some legal terminology (Under Article 4 (3) of the LLU Regulation (Regulation 2887/2000 of the European Parliament and of the Council on unbundled access to the local loop) ComReg may intervene on its own initiative in order to ensure non-discrimination, fair competition, economic efficiency and maximum benefit for users.), it has got nothing to do with "own initiative" in the real sense of the word.

ComReg and "Own initiative": not yet, I am afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Was this study started when they were the ODTR?

Yes...
    This issue was raised at the COP meeting held on the 30th September 2002 and at a number of meetings subsequently As a result on 16th December 2002 ComReg wrote to the parties to seek their views and responses from both parties were received 20th December 2002.

So much for hoping that Comreg were off the mark so quickly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Dont really care if they did it on their own initiative or if they were forced to do it at gunpoint tbh, it's still a good thing whatever way you slice it. No doubt €ircon will hound them for the initial 6 months to have it brought down to a month or two. Lets hope Comreg stick with it and enforce the 3 months.

I do think that Comreg have become very aware of how many ppl are watchin out for their mistakes, and ready to slam them at any chance they get so hopefully this will keep them on track and stop them dropping the ball.

Things are moving in the right direction tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

The system works :) even if it did steal the credit from me.

Advertisement