Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virtua fighter 4 - ps2

Options
  • 31-01-2001 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Now People actually might have a reason to Buy a PS2!!!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

not so.....
    it appears sega have boycotted the ps2 and is instead just producing 4 the gamecube and x-box and the DC compatible pace set top box

Draffodx
    Out of desparition courage is born

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bugs

Ok , i don't know where you got that piece of info , but considering that the producer of VF4 under sega has confirmed that its going to ps2 is good enough for me.

Boycotting the highest selling machine , that makes sense!

Well seems like sega have already decided that this is where VF4 is going , to the ps2.

Never a big fan of this type of game , but i think its at least wise of them to go and produce for other systems.
    I'm actually hoping they can bring out some of their older games , rumours abound of sequels to Megadrive games like thunderforce etc. , now thats something worth seeing again, even tho it would be about the 8th sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Boycotting the highest selling machine</font>

According to whom? There are still more Dreamcasts in the world than there are PS2s, even if the PS2 installed base is growing much more quickly, and most industry analysts accept that the XBox will outstrip sales of the PS2 as soon as it is released.

That aside, Sega aren't boycotting the PS2, and the PS2 is indeed getting a port of Virtua Fighter X, albeit that it'll get it somewhat later than the DC version.

Sales figures, they're made of numbers shinji! , usually they have a percentage mark after them in relation to time.

What was it , 4..5 times more ps2's sold in a week than DC's sold in a month???
    More ps2 units released in the first week in the US than in 2 months for DC ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Xterminator

You say that x box will outstrip ps2?
    Dont you remember they said that about the N64 that it would beat ps1. So many PS1's were sold before the N64 was released, that the larger customer base made it a more attractive console to own, the plethora of beeter games already released.
    All that will happen to the Xbox.
    I have 2 say i'm impressed with my new ps2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What was it , 4..5 times more ps2's sold in a week than DC's sold in a month???</font>

The market is weird. Japan has seen PS2 sales beat the **** out of DC sales, but DC software sales are still much better than PS2 software sales. The theory that a lot of folk bought PS2s to act as DVD players is holding water.

The USA has seen very, very strong DC sales, and even given the rate of growth in PS2 ownership, it'll be a year before the PS2 has a similar installed base.

Europe has seen very weak PS2 sales, even in territories where there was a surplus rather than a shortage. The European pre-christmas sales of the PS2 were lower than the pre-christmas sales of the DC last year.

It isn't clear cut at all. The market is being royally messed up by the number of people holding off for XBox; this is hurting Sony particularly badly, since very few DC users are liable to buy a PS2 - and that's a BIG installed base to rule out of the equation.

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

This is true, I think very few DC Users are going to buy a PS2 however petty you may think it might be. Maybe I'm wrong.

There is however, major support from DC Users for the Xbox now, irrespective of the fact that the machine may DC Compatable or not. (Although this would be a Bonus!)

Would be interested in the Xbox , but the length of time its already been hyped for is annoying, its not out for ages yet , literally.

When i see some actual info of some games i want to play, and maybe some reviews of the thing being shown off playing these games , until then theres no point even talking about it.

Advertisement