Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charged vat twice on netsmart subscription

Options
  • 28-01-2003 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Just wondering why nobody mentioned this. The netsmart subscription already includes VAT but had it applied a second time on the bills if you are also a voice customer. This will be refunded next bill but I am not exactly impressed with is error. Then this company offers a good call discount package but refuses me because I won't pay by direct debit. I have a perfectly clean account since they started all those years ago, but you must start from scratch to alter the service eg change netsmart tariff. They treat their existing customers very badly; even the banks and mobile phone companies are better and more reasonable to deal with. Why the hell would I sign up to a direct debit (bank account only no credit cards yet they want to know do you have one) with a company that has a woeful record of making mistakes with my account (over €100 per month even with their competitive call rates)? The billed me every month for 7 months for a bill had paid the previous January which they accepted but just couldn't fix. Their accounts dept. caused all the hassle about the setting up of Netsmart as well. I would lose big time financially on going back to €ircon but I am tempted for the first time since happily leaving them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

i've been signed up with them for 5 months & still haven't been billed btw I was told 2 weeks ago that a bill is in the post but i ain't seen no bill

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Been with them 4 months, have had no correspondence with them whatsoever. Their tech support department confirmed I was set up on the system and gave me the number for creating my own dial-in shortcut.
    I've not been billed at all, and have no idea if or when they will issue one. I've not had anything deducted from my bank account.

??? Nice one guys......

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

perhaps there is a delay while they correct the billing flaw they only found it out via yours truly a couple of weeks ago. the direct debit thing is mandatory only on this high spenders package but I still hate being pushed into using dd for a variable figure. that and two bank managers told me over the years never to pay a utility bill by dd as disputes are not easy to fix. everything is blamed on fraud which is a huge problem but surely not when you have a credit history for the customer.

Advertisement