Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uh oh, failed the pre-quailification test

Options
  • 27-01-2003 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Oh dear,

I threw my details (Acct No. and Phone No) into the pre-qualification line test thingy on adsl.ie ... and it said ... eh no. Now I have been told by other members that my local exchange has been enabled ... so is there any quick and easy way to find out what is going on ... or is this a whole world of pain ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

/me in paranoid mode :D
    Are your voice calls on a different provider ?..eg utv, ntl, esat
    They failed me as well on that site even though local exchange is enabled( i am 1km from exchange in dublin).

Heaven knows why they need your account number (this way they know you are with the 'other providers')

My line used to be an isdn line and is now pots, no noise on it as i know of, pretty fast connects & downloads also :)

When i changed over to utv, my line used to go dead alot !
    Just seems to be alot of people getting failed by eircon and passed by the likes of esat for dsl. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Im with UTV and passed. Didnt do it on adsl.ie tho', i gave them a call and asked for a line test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Anyone with ISDN and UTV try yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

The a/c number's needed for data protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

AFAIK eircom are still using their strict dsl tests in prequalify testing. I'm waiting till april to do a prequalify Radsl test. 5.2 km away from the exchange :rolleyes: I'll be lucky to get 128kbps if I get dsl at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'm waiting till april to do a prequalify Radsl test. 5.2 km away from the exchange I'll be lucky to get 128kbps if I get dsl at all
    I thought that I saw elsewhere recently that they will not offer RADSL, their wording indicates that it may be this but in fact they were referring to the fact that you are sharing a line with 25 - 50 other peeps and that is the reason you may only get 128kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

No, its RADSL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I got my line test done with on adslnow.ie and have UTV 56k, and I passed...the 4-6week wait continues..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah I got that confirmed by Eircom today when I called to get the line test.

"In March we'll be commencing tests that will allow people further from the exchange, with perhaps a slightly lower line quality, to avail of this product. Would you like me to list your name?"

Mmm... yaw. RADSL=Hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

funny thing is that when I went to the resellers launch of istream, eircom insisted that they would absolutely not be introducing Radsl or Idsl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

LOL,
    I remember submitting my numbers to that line test months ago before the "big" announcement. I was congratulated? on being able to receive I-Scream but didn't feel like selling some of my organs to afford it.
    Now I submit the exact same numbers and I'm greeted with "unfortunately".
    Its a strange test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

Perhaps Eircom has rebuilt their database,
    tested my line using the online thingy today and it has mysteriousily passed.
    Thank you for submitting your details for initial testing for eircom i-stream.

Congratulations! Initial testing shows your telephone line/s 01 847XXXX should be able to eircom i-stream, eircom's ADSL technology. However, further checks, including a site survey may be necessary.

If you wish, please call 1800 512 128, and a sales agent will be delighted to speak to you about ordering eircom i-stream.

Please note, your PC must meet minimum requirements. If you wish, you can check your PC online. Click here for an online PC check.

might I suggest that anyone who lives in an enabled area, but has failed the line test, try again.

Just as an update to this I actually rang Eircon directly after "failing" the test on line.
    I asked for a test to be performed on both my lines and as iif by magic both passed. I would not, therefore, put very much credence on that so called on line test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Hannibal_12
    Just as an update to this I actually rang Eircon directly after "failing" the test on line.
    I asked for a test to be performed on both my lines and as iif by magic both passed. I would not, therefore, put very much credence on that so called on line test.
    And are you still failing the on line test?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm on Utv ISDN on the Bray exchange. Still get same message on adsl.ie i.e. that my line doesn't qualify. Is this anything to do with being on ISDN or being with UTV? On adslnow.ie it says that the wicklow exchanges enables are wicklow, arklow and greystones so I'm out of luck there too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Calibos
    I'm on Utv ISDN on the Bray exchange. Still get same message on adsl.ie i.e. that my line doesn't qualify. Is this anything to do with being on ISDN or being with UTV?

At the moment Eircom don't test ISDN lines. That is not to say they can't, they can, there is just some stuff they need to sort with the ComReg and OLOs before they can do it.

It is rumoured that they will start doing it soon, perhaps with the launch of the new DSL product aound March.

Of course this still doesn't mean you will actually pass. You should ring Eircom and find out if you are on a DSL enabled exchange.

BTW I'm on Esat CPS and Nolimits and I passed the iStream line test, so that conspiracy theory is shot down at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by SkepticOne

Well I did. I tried the week after I got my DSL, and I failed!! I passed just now though. So, as said earlier, don't trust the online check... give em a ring .. and then ring again :)

.cg

Originally posted by SkepticOne

Just rechecked now, it seems your right, they must have re built the database as I now pass the on line test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by bk
    At the moment Eircom don't test ISDN lines. That is not to say they can't, they can, there is just some stuff they need to sort with the ComReg and OLOs before they can do it.

Eircom CAN and DO test ISDN lines. Keep at them, call and try to get your enquiry escalated to the highest level you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

supervisor in ADSL sales is Emily, very helpful I hear and will take calls. ask for her and explain your position....

• Advertisement
Advertisement