Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goffl: What we may face (caps and charges posted here)

Options
  • 26-01-2003 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hello again,

sorry for posting about goffl all the time:)..I think we're becoming bit annoying here..buffling about goffl all the time:)

Anyway, after my recent thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78484 , I thought to share with you some prices and other data I gathered from some meetings.

OTEnet, the ISP of OTE, (OTE=Greek Eircom), is apparently thinking of offering the following outrageous packs:

a) Uncapped packs:

Prices like the ones small companies have announced. Namely, at least 100 Euros/month for a 256k or even smaller line, uncapped.
    I dont hope that the 512k pack will be costing anything less than 120-150 Euros/month. A real shame if you ask me. The possible excuses will be that OTE has invested millions of Euros in DSL, that bandwidth is too costly, or I dont know what.

b) Capped packs:

All I heard (and freaked out) of was a pack at 50 or 60 Euros a month, for a 128/64 or 256/128 line, (I wonder what will the charge for larger lines be), with an INCREDIBLE, EXTRAORDINARY, SUPER-DUPER-WOW cap of....
    1 GB!!!

Price per GB after the cap are rumoured to be 10 or 15 Euros/GB.

We may have the 2nd cheapest time-based charging service, (needing 7 Euros/day and not 41 like you ppl up there), but the lack of any alternatives should be too good, now, should it?

Right now, using an ISDN 64k, I have around 1.5 GB/month as traffic (dl+upl). That's not on anything near a flat rate, where I d have ~5 GB or more.

Flat rate: What's that, a new brand of ice-cream?

I believe the situation is mediocre...Do you have any thoughts to share with me on that one?

Advertisement