Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encourage Eircom in their DSL efforts ......

Options
  • 24-01-2003 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

A resolution for next Monday morning:

Seeing as Eircom never got around to setting up an "expression of interest thingy" on their website, why not let them know how keen we all are about the DSL with stripes and furry dice.

Ring Eircom ADSL on 1800 512128 (its FREE, well actually its free to you, it costs Eircom money) and tell them you'd like to get one of the new less expensive DSL things, and what do you have to do to get it. And could you have it in blue please. They are wriggling big time just now.

Post your results here, with the length of the call.

A prize if anyone keeps it going for over 30minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

31 minutes, no gimme prize :P

note: the fact that thois repply occured around 2 minutes after thread was started is due to the fact that i have travelled beack in time, with the delorean, to get in the first post.

In the last future that i just left, the prize was a ferrari 550 maranello and went to de rebal

however i have reason to believe it may have been rigged

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I had a biddy on the phone for 37 minutes before Christmas. Unfortunately I phoned on a Saturday (when they don't schedule tests or take details). I took some time out to explain exactly why ISDN wouldn't do, why it was tantamount to misleading advertising to call it "Hi Speed" (including my pointing out that I'm not fooled by the dropping of the "g" and the "h"), explained some technical details of DSL (I kept referring to DSL, she wanted to know if I meant ADSL so the time was ripe to explain all the other flavours and the technical details of each of them), tried to schedule a test, asked some details about the test, waited while a supervisor explained that to her, her to me, asked more details about the test (repeat above steps), and so on and so forth. As is usual I didn't get abusive and couldn't be gotten rid of.

(my record is 73 minutes with Chorus btw - I enjoy timing these things. I didn't pay for that call (1890 number) as I pulled the modem cable out after 2 mins, killing the connection, so for what may be the only time in Chorus CS history the supervisor called me back (on mobile) to spend some of the evening on the phone).

edit: Presumably I'm outside the competition window so I'm not eligible for the DeLorean that De Rebel is putting up.

The key is to keep talking at 100wpm for as long as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Thats the spirit Sceptre.

Another great one is to call Vodafone on 1907 from your mobile and give out sh1te about something or other for ages and ages. They even give you a credit sometimes just to get rid of you. I find that great company on long journeys in the car. Passes the time admirably. (Using a hands free kit of course, before the PC lobby get after me)

And of course the competition extends to include mods. Prize is nothing as tacky as a DeLoreon, i was thinking more a decent vintage red wine, though i suppose a case of beer might go down better hereabouts....... ( Speaking of PC, I'm outa here :p )

Advertisement