Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blacknova installation

Options
  • 24-01-2003 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Blacknova on boards seems screwed, and I'm not sure how to fix it. However, I could probably just reinstall it from scratch - would that be ok? Or do you really need the historical data? You need to tell me, as I know nothing about it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<regi> opps i did it again, i played with your boards got lost in the code, oh baby baby, woops you think i can code, its sent from above i'm not that qualified!

:D

well i've no problem with a fresh install ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BlkKnight

hi guys.

A re-install is simple enough - just make sure you wipe the database tables.

I think your current problem is that you've pointed BNT to an OLD database.

IMHO all the historic stuff can be ditched. Dazzer, do you need it?

A simple create_universe.php using a webbrouser from within your BNT directory should do the job. (i use this for quick resets)

You might consider getting the rednova patch for BNT.

Please mail me privately if you want to discuss

Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Regi just download the latest version from BNT on SourceForge and do a complete re-install, all the historical mumbo jumbo is'nt needed :)

BTW set the admin password to anything you want and send it to me via private message or on IRC. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

No rush or anything.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Aye Regi what's up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Spud

i was talking to regi about my name etc etc and then i asked him about blacknova and he said it will be done soon .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BlkKnight

guys. . . do you need a hand with this? It looks like you've got stuck.

MSN me if you want a hand.

jason@lanse.co.uk

My server was reset today & goes live on Monday

www.lanse.co.uk/bnt_4.1

J

Advertisement