Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to be realistic

Options
  • 24-01-2003 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Ok,great news about flat rate DSL or at least it will be in two years time for a lot of us. But what are we to do in the meantime?

What about flat rate dial-up peak and off peak times ???

1: 56k analog ?

2: 64k single channel isdn ?

3: 128k dual channel isdn ?

Considering this is what 95% of users have at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Revoque
    Ok,great news about flat rate DSL or at least it will be in two years time for a lot of us. But what are we to do in the meantime?

What about flat rate dial-up peak and off peak times ???

1: 56k analog ?

2: 64k single channel isdn ?

3: 128k dual channel isdn ?

Considering this is what 95% of users have at the moment.

Well the new FRIACO products (due around June), will probably support the first two options you mention above. Probably about EUR 30 for peak and offpeak access.

I hope there will also be a cheaper EUR 20 - 25 offpeak only products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

well i dunno about isdn,

i mean jeez whoever bought into isdn , gets what they deserve..

only kiddin' :rolleyes:

friaco will be here for the modem users in june is it?

until then we put our heads between our knees and kiss our asses goodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

128k flat rate Isdn is what I'm waiting for. Low ping and 128k is all I want for the near future anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

yes a friaco serveice for around 35 per month would satisfy me for dual cahnnel isdn for a good while as i don't do much whoreinsh d/lling on kazaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Revoque

Yes that would do nicely and the infrastructure is here already
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I agree with Revoque. The worst thing about this new service is not the cap or the price or anything else. It is the fact that it does not exist.

Advertisement