Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wholesale rate for dsl

Options
  • 24-01-2003 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭

In response to the dramatic events of yesterday, EsatBT has said in the independent today that they're looking for a wholesale rate of €20 for DSL from eircom.

Hmm, I'm thinking of the really lovely uncapped, affordable service UTV could offer with that wholesale price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Tazz T
    In response to the dramatic events of yesterday, EsatBT has said in the independent today that they're looking for a wholesale rate of €20 for DSL from eircom.

Hmm, I'm thinking of the really lovely uncapped, affordable service UTV could offer with that wholesale price.
    One needs to view Esat's response with a certain amount of caution given that they are competing with DSL under LLU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭MDR

Is Esat required to resell its own DSL at wholesale ?

i.e. could Eircom resell Esat's wholesale DSL ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by MDR

Technically yes. ESAT are not under obligation to set a wholesale price as they have no SMP (Significant Market Power)

What would you call it.

Local Loop Reverse Encapsulation Retro-Bundling Insertion and Breakout.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by MDR

I think it's only Eircom that have this obligation as they are the incumbent dominant quasi-monopoly company who own the vast majority of the telecommunications network infrastructure in the country.

Advertisement