Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should "The Swerve" have Retired

Options
  • 23-01-2003 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Naa, he was fun and he'll prolly be in the back around for the next 2/3 seasons testing F1 cars. Shame really, if Jordan hadn't lost DHL or if the economy wasn't crap right now he'd be driving the yellow jordan next season. Which would have been class cus if Massa gets the seat then oh god! He drives like a rally driver and without all those funky gadgets, me thinks he'll make Sato look like a minor bleep on the destruction radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

No but he had no choice , he'll be back ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

can someone expalin he didnt just take a drive for jordan at any price ? hasnt he made his money ? isnt it about the glory of driving at this stage. Its better to be driving any can than no car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I don't think he should have retired, he'll be missed! While some of the drivers have the perrsonalities of a wet mop, Eddie usually had something colourful and controversial to say and that will be missed more than his driving ability!
    And of course no more Irish driver on the grid!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Personally I think he should have swallowed his pride and worked out a deal with B&H for the extra 4.5million that Jordan wants. They are desperate for a "british" driver and would surely have paid the extra for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I agree, he's hardly stuck for the money. He could have sold off a few of his Ferraris or jet skis or something if he did need money!! :)
    I'd love to see him drive for Jordan, he's exactly what they need. I felt the same about Jean Alesi, he would have been a far better bet for EJ last year rather than Sato. But of course I realise Alesi is not Japanesen which tied in nicely with Honda. EJ seems to go for the young guns to back up Fisi rather than partnering him with someone of equal experience. I don't think Massa is up to the job but we'll see in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wont miss motor mouth one bit....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by GreenHell
    He drives like a rally driver and without all those funky gadgets, me thinks he'll make Sato look like a minor bleep on the destruction radar.

Which is why he is completely useless at the moment in Formula 1.
    Formula 1 is all about striaght line speed [and dont take that literally].
    The fastest way around any corner is to make it as straight as possible [duh!] and thats how to drive an F1 car.

Massa does something incredible: he takes an understeering and poorly setup car and manages to make it oversteer.
    He works to hard, the car works to hard, he destroys his tyres and is far too slow.

Without the gadgets..i can only imagine him in the barriers like Sato.

Advertisement