Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "Friaco-Tale" from Eircon

Options
  • 23-01-2003 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

Eircon staff were informed on Monday that Friaco will be available at a reasonable rate within the next two months. (Yes I DID remind them that if they wanted to they could make it available in the next two minutes)

Now I am sure we all know that this has no more an indicator of what will happen than the weather report after the 6 o'clock news...

Eircon staff were ALSO told to once again plumb the depths of the enigma (to them) of WHY so many subscribers happened to switch to UTVIP.

*sighs*

Towards this end they sat them down at telephones again with long lists of numbers...

They seem to have been warned to ask if they are annoying you before saying anything else...

Risky that....

G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Originally posted by mechanima
    Towards this end they sat them down at telephones again with long lists of numbers...

To quote noted philosopher Duane Johnson:
    Just bring it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Eircon staff were informed on Monday that Friaco will be available at a reasonable rate within the next two months.

Yes that may be true, but there is nothing as yet to suggest that Eircom themselves will offer it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

Yes that may be true, but there is nothing as yet to suggest that Eircom themselves will offer it!

Nope...I was WIDE awake today and sober...I ASKED that specific question...

"Will this be Retail, 24 hour Flat rate from Eircon? Over the phone, for everybody, even culchies like me"

"Yes" He said.

"Will there also be an wholesale offering"

"Dunno" he said.

Of course, it COULD have been kids messing?

Apart from which, nobody mentioned the PRICE....

G

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Dangger

I'd be very suprised if they did't. Unlike the UTVIP and Netsmart offerings, FRIACO will be very popular with the business / SOHO market. I'm sure UTVIP plan on offering their FRIACO product bundled with their phone service, maybe the same for EsatBT. Eircom won't want to risk losing all those valuable business customers. It will be a case of compete or die.

I'd say FRIACO has also played a big part in Eircoms decision to push DSL, good work IOFFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by mechanima
    "Will this be Retail, 24 hour Flat rate from Eircon? Over the phone, for everybody, even culchies like me"

"Yes" He said.

Covered all the bases there, well done. There's... seems to be something they're not telling you though.

Apart from which, nobody mentioned the PRICE....
    Possible sticky wicket identified.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭mechanima

"Price"
    Possible sticky wicket identified.

Well Lawd knows I would be happy to provide nationwide FRIACO myself for a mere €500pm, in advance, annually, in cash...

That's what worries me...

The other thing is that the guy I talked to hadn't got much clue what broadband was...but he knew their number...no idea where I wrote it down...

So he could be all mixed up, and in fact this is a €55 pm broadband offering for North Dundrum and three streets in Phibsboro, provided your house has an odd number under 30...

Like many things, I'll believe it when I see it...

G

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by bk
    I'd say FRIACO has also played a big part in Eircoms decision to push DSL, good work IOFFL.

Definately think so, my current adsl bils are really hard to bear, was seriously considering ditching it and going for Utvinternets offerings until todays news...if it comes off in the near future.

I can stomach the touted future price for adsl...and thus am going to remain an adsl subscriber....

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement