Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One way Bluetooth Connection???

• 23-01-2003 7:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭

I can't figure out why I can send Stuff from the PC to the mobile (7610), But when I try send from the mobile to the PC it fails to send. Both have been paired OK. This is consistantly the same anytime I try.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

You have to make a serial connection to send from the phone to your pc. Are you on IR or Bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it can depend on your Bluetooth adapter/card, some of the Bluetooth kit i've used can only handle sending files one way :(

the only files i've been able to get from the phone using the PC Suite are images files

what type of Bluetooth adapter/card are you using (and what Operating System are you running on the computer)?

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

1)It's a bluetooth connection.

2)Sitecom USB Bluetooth adaptor. Both PC and Phone are set up for automatic pairing. I've sent Midi, JPeg, Sis, Wav files from the PC to the Phone without any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Sitecom USB Bluetooth adaptor uses the Widcomm stack in certain releases this caused users to experience problems sending (certain) files from the Phone to the PC

You could try this solution found by a guy in the AllAboutSymbian forum: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3075

(If you haven't edited the registry before - word of warning: BE CAREFUL - there is only ONE item you need to edit for this solution)

Alternatively, you could wait for your vendor to release updated drivers. I initially had the same issuse with the TDK adapter, they have since resolved the issue with later version of their drivers.

HTH,
    BrianG.

Advertisement