Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a band name!!!!!

Options
  • 21-01-2003 11:05am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok is it possible to legally register a bands name or to find out if a name is already being used?????
    Thanks
    Richie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭fleshmechanic

go to www.bandreg.com

that should help you out....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Go there or email them or whatever.
    http://www.patentsoffice.ie/index.html

"Plus i don't think you can do this until your signed to a label and they copywrite the bandname under their licence" : No,No,and No.

"If you wanna check if a name is in use google it search for the band name + the band. And/or ring up the big-med-small-indo lables and ask how u got a band signed under this name..." :

The patent office do a real search,not sure how much it costs think it used to be 80 quid.

"Don't think its possible tho" : Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

You can renew copyrights - muppet.

You could not steal the copyright on a lightbulb because people own,manufacture and renew the copyrights.

Im no expert on patent law,but I do have common sense,and I gave you a link to the Patent Office,yet you bother me with your questions.Ring them.

If 4 bands are using the same name,1 gets it copyrighted,then can sue the rest for use of the name. ok ?

NeM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TT chin

I know this is an old thread however there is a site called www.Bandnamr.com that actually registers band names for free. They have been around since 2008 but their site has been revamped.

Anyway, worth a look if you are registering a band name.

Start a new thread.

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement