Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop emulater for ps2

Options
  • 21-01-2003 5:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

as we all know there are some reall good ps2 emulaters...
    now ive looked an looked but cant find anything on it..
    i seen it in a skating video, there was a fella who brought his laptop with him everywhere, but wired into the printer socket (as far as i could see) was the controller for the ps2. now on the video i could clearly see that he was usin the joypad to play the game.. knowing that its not a spoof for the vid i went searchin.. cant find anything an im really hopeful about it. so wif all yer wisdaom an knowledge i turn to the board heads..
    /me hopes you can help.. ~sniffle
    heheh
    nice wan.
    Kas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

There isn't a working ps2 emulator out yet..and their won't be for a long long time. :) They're only work-in-progress projects and can play a few home-brew demos. Nothing commercial.

A playstation 2 controller would not fit into a parralel printer port. :p

Either thats some sort of special sony laptop/ps2 combo design, or that video you saw was a load of bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Could it have been going into his usb port?

There are adapters available so you can use ps, n64(if not others too) with pc's. They just use this port.

Maybe it wasn't a ps2 game that he was playing....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Could it have been going into his usb port?

There are adapters available so you can use ps, n64(if not others too) with pc's. They just use this port.

Maybe it wasn't a ps2 game that he was playing....

Exactly he could well have been running a PS1 game on his laptop! Same joypad non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

well its not bollox.. i remembered whe i seen it.. my lill bro has tony hawk for the ps2 he unlocked all the videos on it an thats where i seen it.... he was acually playin tony hawk in the game.. i looked hard at it an it is a ps1 pad hes using.. so can i get something to play ps1 games on a laptop.... YES but what about the controller?
    thx.
    Kas.

Thats an easy one you can buy an adapter that allows you to connecct the playstation pad to any PC desktop or laptop:)
    I think DiscoStu might own one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I have adaptoid that allows me to use a n64 pad as a HID.

But i use it to play Tony Hawk 3 the PC version ,could that be what their playing??
    Sweet game tho

kdjac

Undoubtedly an adapter was being used. Anyone who say's anything to contrary is talking bollox;)
    Hopefully we've heard the last of the PS2 emulator threads until at least the space year 2005 when one playing commercial games actually exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you can get ps1 pads with printer port connection which can be hooked on and played as pc joypads . Can also be doen with playstation ( not ps2) pads . Many imitations of ps2 pads have also been made .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Also Xbox contollers here.

Has to be the easiest mod ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Thats an easy one you can buy an adapter that allows you to connecct the playstation pad to any PC desktop or laptop:)
    I think DiscoStu might own one of these?

I bought that a few months back and use if N64 emulations on the PC. Works a treat and a bargain buy really. Haven't tried it with a PS1/PS2 controller but the support is there and i can see no reason why it wouldn't work. Buy it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement