Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwn - 20/01/2003

Options
  • 20-01-2003 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Yes ladies its Monday again, which means another evening of daring rescues, perilous adventures and villains vanquished by us humble adventures or if you’re Battlecheese another evening of crushing humble village folk under your mailed fist.

So do people have any particalur module they'd like to try, naturally the campain game is out of bounds as are the characters associated with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I should be there anyway. Missed last Wednesday because my PC crashed. Fixed now though(touch wood). I'l be continuing on with the Robin Goodfellow character. Still only at level 6 Fighter so I'll be trying to level up. Don't really mind what module is loaded, I'll play anyway.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

have we finished raven? Wouldn't mind finishing that (even though we are high level for it, it seems to scale nicely).

Apart from that, I'll have a quick look for a lvl 10 - 12 scenario.

hand of wu jan 2:
    http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1036544511703.shtml

designed as a PWS intially, levels 12 to 20. One or two negative comments, but the module has been updated to correct most complaints. 12-20 hours gameplay.

The doom of Artemis Dukar

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1028666458346.shtml

level 10 - 20, some technical glitches (only one working stone of recall seemingly), but still got good scores. light traps, light roleplaying, medium combat.

or:

http://nwn.stratics.com/content/databases/nwncontent/view/view_content.php?id=96

levels 8-20, unfortunately stratics doesn't have the same comment system as vault. Note, this is the prequel to the hand of wu jan above. has a nicer level range for our group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

we might have a new player tonight. He joined the server today when I just had created a new character (a human cleric this time). He's a total virgin when it comes to NWN. He never played it before. Neither singleplayer nor multiplayer. He joined as a cleric with str 8, dex 8, con 8, int 16, wis 16, chr 16 or something like that. Suggested he might start with an easier class or reconfigure his current character and give him more str and con. Well, now he's a half-orc barbarian with good stats (for a barbarian). I bought him some armor, a longsword, gave him 20 small potions, 1000 GP, a heavy crossbow, ammo, a shield, etc.
    Then explained him the basics of the game and went onto the server with him a bit. He should be fit for normal playing now. I told him we'll be playing at 9:30 pm this evening (he's from germany, too)

his handle is MWDaniel or something like that (you'll see when he joins). Seems to be a nice player. In fact, he was the first new one I saw that didn't immediately picked up everything I put on the floor and sold it :D
    (btw, I put a full set of "dark ranger"-stuff on the floor in the tavern. So, if someone needs armor or shields...)

I hope he'll be there tonight. I sure as hell will :)

cya
    - Flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pimp

can anyone join in? I just started playing NWN again, and wanna start playing multi. If so can u tell me what i need?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Anyone and everyone can join.

Just connect to the server on games2.iol.ie its called "Teddy's kitchen @ Ireland online"

people tend to met up at around 8:30 and then move to the game server. So just show up and join in.

rev, this last module you put on for "lvl1 to lvl3" is IMPOSSIBLE, even for 5 lvl1 ppl! no chance at all!

how did this remote-administration thing turn out? found a tool? You could give battlingcheese or lolth or whoever you trust the possibility to change module which would practically eliminate those kinds of problems. I don't know about the NWN dedicated server, but I suppose it has a console. Maybe give someone limited ssh-access so he can send console-commands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Light0r

I agree :F impossible, but anyway - created a new Ranger - char anyway...
    think i'll have to make a new one on the separate vault for wed nights.
    Nothin else - that raven one went all wierd .. each time you talked to yerman you got 3000 xp and 4500 gp - our party maxed out and it got all crap so i got it bumped down to lvl 13.

well, I'll use the resulting lvl20-cleric (whose only additional equipment is a +1 deflection ring, LOL) as a tank for those hard situations where the other chars just won't do. And as a support-char to level up newbies if they have probs doing it alone (i.e. if the module running is too hard for new character). I'll also probably store my spare equipment and my money on it. After all, I won't really be playing that cleric.

btw light, in case you don't read the other thread: rangers can't do sneak-attacks! Keep that in mind when creating your character on wednesday. I know how bad it feels if you level a char up to lvl7 only to find out you spent all your feats and stats wrong :/

(btw: no need to revive sally swift again. Sally Tir'end has decent equipment now (thx to battlingcheese and Sarah Tir'end))

I'll go onto server again now. Maybe it's easier with a single lvl1-character? If not, I'll move in with lvl5 rogue... then lvl8 wiz... then lvl12 sorc... if that doesn't help, the module sure as hell ain't for lvl1-chars :p

cya
    - Flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've not found a suitable remote admin application for the nwnserver that I've liked, most have wantted to run some php script, but I dont inteed to run a webserver on that box.

There is a console mode in the client, and a few others have the DM password (except the Campaign server which only I have) so I'll look into that.

• Advertisement

I got news on the module that's currently running. I somehow managed to level up to lvl2 now (mostly by waiting for the archers to seriously damage one of those supertough enemies and then finishing it off...). I can now face skeletons quite well. Got my arse kicked by a skeleton chieftain in the 2nd room of the crypt then, thou...

anyways, I think a team of a lvl3 rogue, a lvl3 fighter, a lvl3 cleric and maybe some other support would be able to handle this module. If necessary, even lvl2 of them. A rogue thou is really a must-have here as every corner is trapped.

k, I'm off to school now. I'll be back in 30-80 minutes

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Hey Rev,

How about this for remote admin'ing the server

http://members.cox.net/randus/nwn/

yep, i reckon that scenario is meant for a group of lvl 3's

a quick bit of maths: as a rogue with 14 con, i have 8 hp.

skeletons do 1-8 damage. ==> 1 hit can kill me :(

I have an AC of 16, good for a 1st level rogue.
    Skeletons are 1 hd with a +1 to attack. so they need a 15 or better, thats about a 25% success rate.

so, seeing as we meet them in packs of 4 to 8 the final result is

me = screwed :)

oh, we still have those gloves to sell.

I would prefer to do another 1st level scenario instead of levelling up to 3rd just for this one. Maybe the shadowlords series?

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/Adam%20Miller2.shtml

which is continuing in the dreamcatcher campaign.

we could do shadowlords on monday and the BT series on wednesday. people can play whichever or both, but have different character for the two campaigns.

During the week we could have a PWS or maybe just a low- medium level scenario, preferrably a long one that doesn't reset. PWS would be better i think.

hmm, the program seems to be what is needed. Ability to change module and restart module/server if needed. Even an option to upload new modules!

(btw, can a DM change module?)

Rev, Nordock is up to V1.61 and seems to be a little mellower for low level peeps.

I reckon we should give it a go again.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1033420877310.shtml

Advertisement