Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eating out in cork

Options
  • 19-01-2003 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

hey lads,

i eat out reasonably often in cork and the standards, i has to be said, are fairly low. most places have the menus that are almost the same. there is really very little variety. does anybody have any recommendations for eating out in cork (city center)

also, does anyone else find prices very high for what you get?
    example: i had dinner last night and got a coke, the waitress brought down a can of coke. price €2.20

places i like:
    rossinni's (have been only once)
    tao tao (have been only once)

jaz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I agree, theres not many nice places to eat in Cork City. I like Eastern Tandoori across from the Opera House if you're in the mood for that kind of food. Prices are high in Cork compared to other cities, especially in the mediocre restaurants that charge top prices

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

http://www.adlib.ie/results.asp?counties=CK&location=&styles=0&eatname=&recid=1&Search.x=32&Search.y=6

I would personally recommend:
    Isaacs Restaurant on Mac Curtain Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya... I always thought Isaacs was the hotel, and Greene's was the restaurant... if not, then I would recommend Greenes also, they do a reasonably priced early-bird special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Issacs has good food, **** table service, crap plastic menus (my big pet hate) , really uncomfortable furniture, too little space and privacy, the place is far too loud and you have to raise your voice to talk to those around the table.

Food portions are small and while the deserts are nice I'm not a ****ing midget. Portions way too small.

Jacobs on the Mall (South Mall) is really nice but a tad expensive.

Fellinis on French Church Street or Careys lane is nice but feck they have become a ripoff place. Very expensive indeed.

I really don't care too much about price if the food and service is good.

Milano on Oliver Plunkett Street is dire imho. Crap Pizza.

Pi on Washington Street ain't bad but the waitrons are full of themselves and the service and food portions are getting worse while the prices are getting higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,947 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The furry cup's a good place to eat out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement