Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster go through

Options
  • 18-01-2003 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

What a match!!!!

Have to say that they definately deserved it today. Only saw the second half but heard the rest on the radio. With Gloucester turning on the Liverpool defending mode in the second half it was only a matter of time till the fourth try came.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Oh yes!! T'was incredible!!! Munster today were magnificent!!! Best performance by an irish province i've seen in years!!! Hopefully, they can go the step further this year and bring the cup back to ireland!!!
    I was also very impressed by ulster, hopefully, they'll get an easier group next year!!
    The future looks bright for Irish rugby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was so pessimistic about Munsters chances I did'nt bags the TV
    so stayed on-line and ended up listening on radio instead.

Fantastic result and I'd say they now have an exellent chance of making the final, maybe against Leinster if the draw is kind?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Leinster go through with all 6 games won and miss Munster in
    quarter finals.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Munster were incredible .. . . best Irish provincial performance I have ever seen . . . .

But . . .Leinster will win the Heineken cup . . home advanrage means everything in this tournament !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

What passion from Munster? They were the talk of the weekend. Leinster may be tops in Europe but it is Munster who take all the applause. It would be great to see them beat Leicester who cheated them out of the cup last year. Sweet revenge.

Leinster to win the cup? I wouldn't be too sure about that. They lack that extra something that will stop them achieving their destiny. Though they really looked fantastic yesterday - near unstoppable - a joy to watch. But they should beware of Biarritz - 13 tries - fècking incredible!

But poor old Connacht going down to Ponty. Let hope it will be their only bad news this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Was at Thomond Park on Saturday. Brilliant atmosphere and incredible win. Great night in Limerick too.

Unfortunately we drew the toughest quarter final. Would have much preferred Leinster in Lansdowne Road. While they have been impressive and have a great back line they do not have a strong enough pack to beat the likes of Leicester, Llannelli or Munster.

I fancy them to beat Biarritz as the French never travel well and their 13 try win over Cardiff was a joke. The Cardiff 15 just didnt want to be there and were a disgrace. If they draw an away semi I fear their run might come to an end.

Munster and Leicester will be a massive game. The flights and hotels are booked so its just a match ticket now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

What a game, was hopping aournd the room when o'gara put that conversion over. Was praying that it wouldn't be another so close yet so far performance from an irish sporting side.
    Class game, pure class.

Leicester will be tough but i reckon we can take em.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Cúige Mumhan Abú !

G'wan Munster ! Kick ahead ! (Any head will do!)

Sheer brilliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

I fancy Munster to take Leicster actually!!! Munster have proven that they are well capable of competing and have also shown incredible resillience and a never say die attitude!!!
    Leinster should progress, they have a very strong pack and are are very talented team in general!!
    Either way, I'm confident we'll see at least one irish team @ landsdowne road in may!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Originally posted by bucks73

Would have much preferred Leinster in Lansdowne Road.

Don't forget the last time you played Leinster in Lansdowne Rd !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Pure fluke. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Neil Back, we're coming to get ya !!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement