Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Weekend

Options
  • 17-01-2003 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone want any particular module for the weekend ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Three of us just finished the available module. Seemed very small but hey what do I know just been playing a week.

Furzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

anything that's suited for lower-lvl characters, too... I just lost my rogue :(
    Wanted to create a new one and transfer the equipment from my old one to it as I did some really bad choices while developing the old rogue... now I got a new one and the old rogue is gone with all the equipment...
    oh well, can you put on two servers? one for higher lvl chars and one for lower lvl chars? or would it be alot of work to make the 2nd server use the main character-vault (and not the campaign one)?

cya
    - Flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Its not a case of it been difficult, its a case of server resources. while I suspect the box could handle another NWN server (we have two running at any time). The load that the NS server is creating puts me off. Maybe when they get around to fixing that we can look into it.

well, 1.04 is knocking at the door and 1.1 is in sight. Looks good for us, I think :)

btw, I just saw I had "sally swift" saved in my local vault. When light and me played yesterday he said something about saving character before going down to the final encounter. I told him it was useless but did it anyways.

lol, I hereby officially declare I was 100% WRONG on this matter! It's still the old lvl5-rogue without the 4-5 rings of protection +2 I got after playing the mod through about 6 times, but hell, at least the char has the boots, the amulet, the belt and all the other newbie-equipment I gave her.

Rev, if I mailed you the char-save, would you put it on again for me? Would be very very nice of you. I didn't know that if I create a character with the same name, the game would delete the other one :/

cya
    - Flash

p.s.: I uploaded the character-file to my brother's server
    here's the link: http://flashbang.ath.cx/nwn/sallyswift.bic
    sorry for the trouble I'm causing :/

p.p.s.: if you put it on, don't worry about overwriting the new "sally swift", it's a plain new char without anything.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

was sally swift not your character from the campaign? the one one wednesday?

me=confused

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

how about ravenloft?

or

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/module...864470223.shtml

or the PW world oyu uploaded before? Most of our non-campaign characters are high enough to handle that now :)

Originally posted by LoLth
    was sally swift not your character from the campaign? the one one wednesday?

me=confused

I created her on the normal server-vault, too. Now I'll call her "Sally Tir'end" and hope I can somehow get all my equipment from "Sally Swift" back :/

and I agree: ravenloft is a very good module for both newbies and advanced characters. I'll second lolth's suggestion to put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Any mod will do Rev, as long as we haven't played it before.

Im backing Ravenloft I played this years ago using real die. Its the real deal In D&D May be best saved for Campaign but hell I cant waint to play it. Clerics will be needed :).

Furzy [elmer]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

We had ravenloft on a few months back, I'll dig it up again.

Depending on how the NS update effects things I might try a third server, the portal, a persistent world, and a rotating module one.

• Advertisement

Just a Few Basic questions here..

Whats NS?

Is it this NS that Flashbang is talking about re: version 1.4 and 1.1?

You mention a possible 3 servers. Will they all be available from the one login ie. games2.iol?

And when you say there are two servers running atm. Are they the windy shore and whatever servers in the ruined tower?

Furez

NS = natural selection
    it's a fun, but badly programmed mod for halflife (a PC-game)
    [edit: and rev is running a NS-server... obviously...
    -> Bug eyed aliens from Navan(1.03) @ Ireland 193.120.201.112:27016 <- that's the server. Without it, I wouldn't be here :)]

if the NS-team improves the mod a bit (performance-wise), rev will have enough resources to run a third server (first server: main server, 2nd server: the one in the ruined tower)

I hope I didn't confuse you more than you already were :D

cya
    - Flash

p.s.: sally swift sally swift sally swift ;) phuuuleeeeeeezzzzeeee

I am confused :) who needs more HL Mods CS and Dod are enough.

Furzy

Advertisement