Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BNT down

Options
  • 16-01-2003 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

looks like a mysql configuration issue. The username is wrong - or an account needs to be created.

BK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

This happened when the Boards moved server. Ill try and get it fixed as soon as possible.

By the way does Boards.ie have the latest version of BNT or is there a newer version out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭BlkKnight

4.1 is the latest. (easy way to check is to land on a planet and see if you can view your log - if you can then it's 4.1)

There are some addons for 4.1 you might want to look at search for "rednova". It requires some new files to be put in place and edit some others.

Red nova enables "shoutbox" and "admin news" and "vote" to the main menu.

BK

[EDIT] forgot to mention that the shout box & other stuff have an impact on yout BNT bandwith (about 30%)[/EDIT]

Ok I'll look into it for the reset after next, the guys are still trying to fix Boards.ie BNT I think :)

LOL boards is backup. . . but they've pulled a VERY old one out of the system

• Advertisement

What exactly do you mean? Have they installed an older version?

As far as I can tell it's 4.1.

But the database the've hooked it upto is a really old one (07/2002) that's like 3 games ago before i started playing here.

I think you should do the old create_universe.php with your OLD admin password.

BK

Nah they did a complete re-install. :/ I hope to have things sorted by the end of the day and if not then it might not be until early next week.

Sorry :)

ah i see. . .

well BNT is there and is functioning. . . .

It just looks like they've pointed it to an old database (when was the last backup?

a "create_universe.php" will just reset the BNT tables for a new game.

BK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Make the system larger! My one input for the next round. something like 3000 would be fine and dandy

• Advertisement
Advertisement