Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilternan

Options
  • 15-01-2003 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

hey lads,

is this place decent for snowboarding?

jaz?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Its about the Only good place in Ireland I did a course there 2 years ago and it was good fun when we got on the High ground.

I would Suggest go But bring plenty of Protection as the astro turf ?????? is very sore when you crash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

If for snowboarding, I would say don't bother.

I ruined a good trip by combining a lil takeoff with a bad landing resulting in a broken wrist before flying.

If you do go - get gloves with built in torsion wrist support.
    Like a strong but slightly flexible bar running through the glove.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Spooge

Dunno about before this season, but I've done about 8 lessons in Kilternan before and after christmas, and they provided kneepads/gloves with wrist support.

Advice would be to get some good solid pants (I totalled two pairs during the lessons), and wrap up, it can get bloody freezing up that hill.

Oh, and use the asspads they provide. It hurts like bejesus without them.

Advertisement