Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus and train drivers to strike on Wednesday

Options
  • 13-01-2003 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭

Bus and train drivers to strike on Wednesday
    Monday, 13th January, 2003

Commuters will again be made victim of industrial unrest when public transport workers protest against plans to deregulate the industry on Wednesday with a four-hour work stoppage.

Bus and rail services nationwide will be affected by the action, which will see around 3,000 drivers holding marches across the country between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Ah ffs i have an exam on wednesday :( I wonder how ill get to college now

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie
    Ah ffs i have an exam on wednesday :( I wonder how ill get to college now
    Go early - they are only on strike from 11 to 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

god dammit how dare they i can still make it to work ffs they should strike at peak times

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

god dammit how dare they i can still make it to work ffs they should strike at peak times

lol exactly, if they're going to strike they might as well do it properly - as in ALL day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Bus Eireann.....let them strike, I say. Soon the bus service will be privatised (for better or for worse) and they can all **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

bloody unionised ****. don't care if i offend anyone out there but in my opinion unions are doing more harm than good to this country, definitely in the public sector anyway. they had their day and servered their purpose but now they are just money grabbing baxtards. even the thought of that Brendan Nagle fella makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

is this all over the countrY? or just Dublin Bus? I use the bus every single day to get to college etc...

damn striking mofo's

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

It's not jsut Dublin Bus, it's all the train services too which makes it an even bigger pain in the ass cos I could use the DART instead >:/

Have exams as well on Wednesday at 2pm, which means I'll have to go in really early, bah. But I do agree if they were going to strike properly they should do it all day because that would really féck things up and grab some attention for their cause.

Guh, silly bus/train drivers.
    Apart from guys on 11B, they always seem to be comical...

Advertisement