Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwn - 13-01-2002

Options
  • 13-01-2003 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Right daddyo

Are we continuing with 'Raven' tonight or do you want a new module, which is maybe more forgiving to the new blood ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

My own preference would be to finish Raven. Once this is done however, we "semi-retire" the characters (as in we use them during the week) and we start a new campaign from 1st level with new characters that we only use on mondays and wednesdays. This way, we still have fun with the characters we have while we avoid the current problems of huge level differences in the party.

There is a seemingly decent campaign, shadowlords or similar - i'll find out - designed for 1st level characters and has 5 chapters, each of which has received good reviews.

anyway, just my preference. I'll be happy with whatever we decide as a group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

we should also make sure we got a well-mixed group.

What we should have:
    - 1 wiz/sorc
    - 1 rogue
    - 1 cleric
    - 2 or 3 fighting classes (fighter, paladin, barbarian, monk, ranger)

maybe a bard/druid/whatever

I can take whatever spot is needed, but I'm best with: sorceress, rogue

also, I'd support starting with lvl1-chars again. It's just more fun than moving around with lvl16-tank, flattening everything that comes into your way (*wink at battlecheese*). Don't think I say that cause I'm low-lvl. I already leveled my sorc up to 10 (nearly 11) so I'm getting one of the stronger players, too. Yesterday, cheese and me started a new character (both rogue) and played a bit. Turned out he's pretty good with ranged weaponry and a skilled sneaker.
    Oh, related question: a rogue with 2 rapiers; is the rapier in off-hand considered small or medium size?

cya
    - Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I agree with LoLth. Starting from scratch with new characters just for the Mon-Wed sessions is a great idea.

We must be near finishing Raven now. I say stick with it as we have left it once before.

For the next Session I vote for for http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1026996957180.shtml

the 1st of three Chapters.

i like the reviews on that on BC :)

The author posted on the NWN boards and really seemed to know his stuff as well as being mroe concerened with the story of his module than the "prettiness" of it.

I'm up for it.

I think i'd like to go single class rogue. (well, maybe a level of fighter or two thrown in for the proficiencies/hp/and base attack bonus :) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I have the prelude and chapter 1 on the server

If you want I can start up with a game vault like we used to do, so that way we should be all pretty much matched.

That would mean new characters for everyone.

• Advertisement

sounds like a plan.

it would ensure that we stay pretty equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Finishing Raven sounds good to me.

I'm up to level 6 Fighter now. I know that's not much but it's an improvement on the last game.

Starting up new characters sounds good too but I think I should stick to fighters 'till I get better at playing. see ye at 8:30! :)

puck, the close-combat ppl ARE the real heros. Playing as fighter often is more challenging than being a sorc or rogue or whatever.

"That would mean new characters for everyone."

you mean just for the module or a clean-sweep of your server-vault and new characters at all (including delete of the old chars)?

Just for the games.

Its how we used to do them, characters would only be available for the evening/night of the game, after that the old characters are available.

Just means those characters cannt be moved to far ahead of everyone elses.

In the immortal word of Cpt Picard Rev, "Make it so"

• Advertisement

sounds VEEERY good!
    I'll probably try rogueing this time... or maybe rangering...

will servers be up again before tonight or are you busy updating stuff? (just saw you removed the module from the 2nd server)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

i agree with Lolth. New characters for Mon and Wed sound good and othere characters for during the week..

By the way we playing tonight

Lomir

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Is the server down at the mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

GG tonight... What happened the server though? Had to head early :( See yall Wed..

Kepp fighting!!!1

We brining in new characters for Wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Good game.
    Crashed a few times and some weird **** started happening too (like my icon and name changing to another character but apparently it only looks like that from my end, anyone else ever have this problem?).

I died lots. :D

Interesting game last night while I was there.
    In case you missed it we stumbled on a bug in the raven module, we stumbled upon a trigger which spawned a few ancient mummies, then inturn stumbled upon the same trigger which also spawned some ancient mummies who then …
    So two rooms full of ancient mummies and their summoned help and things where looking quite bad for both players and server. It proved an interesting stress test for the server and our clients. But once the trigger was removed and some extreme fire related jiggery pokery ensued the game was ok. I’ve a few screen grabs at home, which I’ll put up.

So did you finish Raven in the end ?

Nope. Most people left except Me Light and Haristan. Came across a big room with 2 Red Sladds and 1 Sladd Lord. With their spells and regeneration abilities it was impossible.

gasp! :o

something you met that didn't die BC???

don't worry, we'll swarm over them on wednesday.

meanwhile I had a spot of difficulty with the priest. I cast fireball instead of summon and he got clipped (only a little bit singed really).

No longer the bully on the block hey.

ok ok ehhh I'm sure <cough> that with a little more time I would have wiped the floor with them.

I'll be a weakly mage next character promise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

if i like to join this server for some few games , do i need to pre-download the maps ? if so ..where ?
    is it with IP connection or gamespy and the likes ? (never played online with this game)

the maps are hosted on the server.

In NWN, go to multiplayer, select join LAN game, type in games2.iol.ie with no password and you'll connect to teddy's kitchen.

the scenario proper is through a portal outside the inn.

You dont need to download anything. Just ensure that your game is patched to the current release, running the update will do that for you.

As far as the servers go you only need to get onto the portal server which is games2.iol.ie ( on the default port 5121 )

There are two other servers which may or may not be up (normally one is ) which are on 5122 and 5123. These are passworded, so you'll need to go through a portal on main server.

The portal in the ruined tower outside the inn takes you to the main game server (this is normally running some thing). The second server is for the upcoming campain we're starting.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Rev, I was there last night but Poket wasnt... :*(

He's not dead or anything is he?

Anyway, talk to ya online...

DeV.

Alas poor Poket we knew him well.

When cloud went crash bang wallop we lost the characters on it ( cos someone wasnt doing backups :/ ) So we all had to start again.

on a side not I've stuck up another of the bioware preorder modules 'to heir is human' which should be suitable for starting characters, or for battlecheese to walk in the blood of innocents.

that'll make it into a 10 pc group :), with summoning etc, we're looking at an army of maybe 20 to 30!

oooooh. Now that should be fun :)

a weak mage, huh? If I was lvl16, it'd be a tough fight, I tell ya :p

nearing lvl20, mages are impossible to beat as they can stop time. Kinda unbalanced if you ask me. Fighters rock the house from lvl1 to about lvl 13-16, then the mages are best.

Next game, I'll be a rogue or maybe a wizard (I'm feeling lucky... otherwise I'd never put hands on a ****ty wizard...)

or maybe I'll go grunt (read: fighter). Don't have to mind about much that way.

"HEY! bad guys!"
    oxxxx|>==========-
    *hack hack* *slash* *poof* *swoosh* *hack hack*

j/k :p
    the grunts are the heros of the battlefield.

cya
    - Flash

p.s.: please, next time we play, if there are structures to destroy: let the mages do it. They can damage a nearly unlimited number of structures with a single spell... with an average of 45 ice-damage. If there's no battlecheese around, you guys with your swords take ages. Best strategy would be to let the enemies spawn. They'll approach you, you fight em in safe distance of their coffins and the mages fireball and icebomb the coffins to dust.

... doh! the p.s. was longer than my actual post... well, doesn't matter

Advertisement