Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breast cancer?

Options
  • 13-01-2003 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

do any of you know anything much about breast cancer?

what are the chances of a 20 year old having breast cancer?

i am going to the doctor im just wondering because i ofund a lump im just terrifed

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

at your age the chances are pretty slim (unless it's rampant in your family) it's fairly common to have small deposits building into a little lump but they are normally benign, don't worry about it unduly, it's wise that you are going to see your doctor just for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

Is the lump on your breast or more towards your arm pit, could be your lymph gland got infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no its in my breast not near the arm pit

its more than likely a cyst or something hopefully anyway.

im going to the doctor tomorrow to have it checked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Last year a freind of mine found a lump too (she's the same age as you). She was worried because someone in her family had had breast cancer.

She went to the doctor and he told her it wasn't malignant so there was no need to worry. She had it removed and all was well.

I'm certain that you have no need to be worried.

Hope you get the all clear soon.

Roxy

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

went to the doctor yesterday and got the all clear its just inflamed tissue,

thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

glad to hear it!
    Nothing like peace of mind!

Advertisement