Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much sugar in your beverages?

Options
  • 10-01-2003 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

From what Beat and Okie mentioned:

We do seem to intake a lot of sugar. I knew somebody that used to take 6 sugars in his coffee, he said it tasted awful with less. I tested this hypothesis and gave him 4 sugars and he didn't even notice. Some 'experts' say that over 4 sugars the tongue cannot perceive more sugar so there is no way you can tell the difference.

We obviously need sugar but do you really need as much as you are having?

(The poll doesn't relate to hot chocolate or other such sweet drinks by the way)

How many sugars do you take in your hot beverage of choice? 22 votes

I don't take sugar (I'm sweet enough)
    0% 0 votes
    I take "Sweetener"
    27% 6 votes
    One
    0% 0 votes
    Two
    27% 6 votes
    Three
    27% 6 votes
    Four
    18% 4 votes
    Five
    0% 0 votes
    I take more than 5 sugars!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I'm a bit of a sugar junkie, but I can't stand sugar in my coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

No sugar taken with tea but would usually take about 2 with coffee, but sometime none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I used to take suger in both tea and coffee as a child but then became diabetic, needless to say I thought no sugar was the end of the world, so started on sweeteners then I gave them up as they gave a "metalic" taste.

I dont miss sugar at all....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I don't drink tea much, when I do drink it I never put sugar in it. I'm a bit of a sugar junkie when it comes to coffee, usually 2 or someties 3!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

I don't take any in tea but i have to have one in my coffee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by xern
    I don't take any in tea but i have to have one in my coffee!

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I need 2 spoons of the ole sugar and some milk. Definetly a bit of milk. Think i could probably go to 1. I usually just drink tea to get warm though!

Advertisement