Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameboy Emulator for the Nokia 7650

Options
  • 09-01-2003 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Was also posted in Wirless Forum
    I'll be gettin one of these fones soon
    and just discovering the advantages of it.
    Friend of mine already has the emulator and sez it uses a lot of memory but i hear theres a trick to lower the amount of memory the emulator uses anyway

Happy Gaming
    Goboy

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

And just how much memory does this phone have?
    ZeldaDX 1.00MB unzipped 488KB zipped
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

It comes with 4MB of space. Not great for the games, but the nokia 3650 is coming out soon and it supports 64MB MMC cards. Guess which phone is better!

So if the emulator needs 1/2 a MB to live 1.2MB to run that still leaves enough room for a few games. A 64mb card would allow you to get almoat all of the CPS1 roms on it now that would be something to get emulated:) I've had a look at the phone and thats some spec...It plays MPEG4 so you watch TV episodes on your phone. Wow:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Whats CSP1??

Its a fantastic phone. I've won one and am waiting for it to be delivered!

The thing that confuses me is, what market is it aimed at? I always assumed that the 7650 was aimed at the business user cos of its price and features. The 3650 looks as if its aimed at the youth market, yet it has more features and costs more than the 7650!

Also I don't think you would get tv programs running on it. Prob just the very low res films you take yourself

Oops..CPS1 is short for Capcom Play System 1. Games like the original
    Street fighter II, Ghouls'N'Ghosts and Final Fight run on this Arcade system.
    Rom size:
    zipped Final fight rom 1.37MB
    zipped SFII 4.16MB
    CPS2 most games are around 20MB like Marvel Vs Capcom etc might have to wait a while for stuff like this;)

I've read it will be possible to play episodes on these phones as a 64MB card is enough space to fit one given the display size and resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Has anyone gotten this to work?

I tried it without the zip plugin and I didnt have enough room for a rom. Then I tried it with the plugin but the phone keeps trying to install the zip as an app.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

I will try it out tonight got doom working on phone looks great and play very fast for a phone

I got the gameboy emulator working

what to do

1. unzip the GoBoy7650_11.zip file to hard disk.
    2. run your nokia pc suite 7650 connected phone with infrared link
    3. From PC suite 7650 tools- Install new device and select file
    GoBoy7650_11.SIS this should install the gameboy emulator onto your phone..

4. Install plugin GoBoy_Zip_Plugin7650_10.sis optional using the same methor as step 3

5 now check that the emulater will run select goboy icon on the menu screen it should be beside tools icon.
    The emulator will now tell you there is no game selected.

6. download rom game needs to be format of .gbc or gb
    7 send the rom file to your phone using infrared using the send file option in windows and not from pc nokia pc suite 7650

8 . your rom file should be now in your inbox on the phone

9. To start the emulator, open rom file from the Inbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I didnt have enough room to do that though and when i tried to open the zip from the inbox it wouldnt work. Will delete some stuff though and use just the rom as soom as i get my phone back. Cheers.

Just as a matter of interest...How much does this phone cost? Is available on bill phone only or can it be goteen ready to go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    Its a fantastic phone. I've won one and am waiting for it to be delivered!

The thing that confuses me is, what market is it aimed at? I always assumed that the 7650 was aimed at the business user cos of its price and features. The 3650 looks as if its aimed at the youth market, yet it has more features and costs more than the 7650!

Also I don't think you would get tv programs running on it. Prob just the very low res films you take yourself

some details in this post with the 3650 and 7650 detailed

it's possible to stream video to the phone but as you say it is low quality, HSCSD (Vodafone only) tops out at 43.2Kbits/s, and GPRS averages around 30Kbit/s at best (max is 40.2Kbits/s) - but the main thing is it's expensive, you're eiter paying by the second or by the KB (and the per KB option streaming video

BrianG

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Just as a matter of interest...How much does this phone cost? Is available on bill phone only or can it be goteen ready to go?

I got the phone for 280 euro as a upgrade package
    from nokia 6210. paying monthly.
    you can get The Ready to go for around 500 euro
    I found the phone to be excellent if you like computers, you will like this phone
    I imagaine this will come more popular then a laptop in the furture because of ease of use and of course the software you can upload onto the phone and the Email function, send pictures or just a plain email

AND THE BEST thing you can run gameboy games on it and DOOM

Advertisement