Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this Idea for an "Emulator Console"

Options
  • 09-01-2003 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Check here:

Click here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I'd buy one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Bah!......
    Problems that spring to mind

-What happens when Naomi or even more complex system is emulated? Upgrade? Doh! Thats right buddy your stuck with a console!:D

-Arcade ROMs are the property of companies that created them. If you sell a console commercially that will be playing they're games, licenses will be required.

-But it plugs into my TV? So I could make my PC do that for a fraction of the price. :eek:

-It could even be more powerful then XBox! wow but without the Xbox games whats the point? It runs MAME which is not a commercial program and is perpetually in Beta form. :rolleyes:

-Hang on who cares if I have to "Hack" my Xbox its hardly rocket science! and lets me play a load of emulators already!

-Could be used as part of a MAME cabinet! Oh but I'd still have to build the cabinet only I can't scrap the insides and use it for a gateway/spare parts/MP3 player when it bcomes out dated!

More to follow as I think of them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Agreed - but post your protests on the MAMEWrold board so the Hanho guy reads them !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Oh I think he will get enough negitive responses:) Besides even if he did bring it out, it would be a little pricey to get it delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

Also check out website from the same guy

http://www.hanaho.com/products/ArcadePC/index.html

Love to have one but the **** price maybe wait till I win the lotto

• Advertisement
Advertisement