Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boilers - Gas or Oil

Options
  • 09-01-2003 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

You're building a new house in the country and you got to decide about what kind of central heating boiler you'd go for when the choices are Oil or Gas.

Which is best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

I have Calor Gas myself in the house, which is used for heating and cooking. There's a 1400 litre green tank in the back garden which has to be positioned at least 5 metres away from any property and 2 metres away from any boundary lines. Calor Gas are giving a 25% discount on all gas purchased from them for the first year that you are customer, this makes it quite reasonable, although when the year is up, oil is definitely going to be cheaper. We didn't have the choice like you have as to whether to go with gas or oil, but if we did I think we'd sacrifice the convenience of being able to cook and heat the house with one fuel (i.e. Gas) and go with oil as its probably much cheaper in the long run.

viking

Advertisement