Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat vs. Eircom muppets

Options
  • 08-01-2003 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

When Eircom launched I-Stream I immediately got on to them, they tested the line and said it wasnt suitable, I though this was a bit strange cos i live about 500meters from a dsl enabled exchange, Eircom said that because i live in an apartment sometimes the wiring wasnt right (Brand New Apartment) and that there only suggestion was that I order a new line (at my own expense) and maybe that new line might be suitable.

Later that same day I got another call from Eircom sales trying very hard to sell me ISDN !

Anyway last week called EsatBT about there DSL offering and they tested the same line and said its suitable. So I'm happily waiting to get my new 1mb connection installed over the next few weeks.

But I'm pissed at Eircom cos I paid them to get in ISDN...
    :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

what's the damage for an esat 1mb connection?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Can't you cancel the eircom techie comming out as they haven't actualy done it yet?
    tell them you don't want it because you're getting dsl off esat :)

Advertisement