Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diary, Week 24

Options
  • 08-01-2003 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

During my regular appointment with my obstetrician, she noticed that my blood pressure was a teeeny bit high, so it was recommended I take a week off work, and go see my GP. For those of you unaware of the significance of this, high blood pressure is something that in some cases might be a sign of Pre-eclampsia . For those of you who dont wanna read about it, there are 3 tests they do to start with, blood pressure, protein in the wee, and fluid retention (swollen hands/feet/ankles etc). So off I duly trotted to my GP a week later... where my urine was tested, and she found protein... and sent me to the hospital, where she told me they might want to keep me in...

Cue hysteria... I phoned Noel up and told him (between hysterical sobs) and asked him to come home from work early and take me to Drogheda, cos there was no way I was in any fit state to drive myself. I can only imagine the horror that was going through his head, because i can honestly say i Totally Paniced. Although I knew I really really wanted this baby, I can honestly say I didnt realise exactly the depth of feeling that would arise if there was something wrong, if there was even the minutest possibility of an inkling that something might not be 100% right...

Anyway, arrived at the hospital, they checked my blood pressure... bit on the high side, but not all that bad. Checked my urine, no protein... a few hours later, I was sent home, and told to relax... meep... Cue contract on my GP for putting me through that...

Tired and emotional Noel and I went home, and passed out in bed...

Advertisement