Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nwn 09-01-03

Options
  • 07-01-2003 5:16pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Raven continued?

what level and class is everyone.
    me = mage/thief/fighter 6/3/2 (I am undecided about what level to take next though).

ps. as a sequel to raven I've been reading some good reviews of

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1036544511703.shtml

lvl 12-20 , medium traps, heavy Rp, heavy combat, wide range of adventure locales (a deathmatch arena seemingly included).

The writer intended it a a PSW initially.

alternatively, how about

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1035434802770.shtml

3rd in a series, but it's up against giants! Woohoo! crits and sneaks attacks galore. Girdles and gauntlets of giant strangth to be had. Medium on all three aspect, and set for levels 11-12 with a party of 3 to 6 players.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've uploaded the first module ( the persistent world one ) to the server. If ppl want it I'll swap the game to server to it, its currently running chapter 1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

it's a bit high powered for the lower level lads (and lasses) as a PW. I'd like to finish raven before we go to a new scenario (my personal preference - it's good, tough, but beatable).

CH1 as the "downtime" server sounds fine as it can easily be played single player without dying too often.

I'll be dropping in tonight for an hour or two anyway. <depending on whether I go to see the footie or not, blackburn vs man neutered>

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Are we still on for finishing Raven tonight??

i'll be there. That puzzle is bugging the hell out of me.

doesn't make it any nicer that the summoning stones weigh 100lbs each and I can only carry 86!

the main tower area is clear of traps and creatures (you didn't miss much except for a lot of almost impassable traps). Just take the portal to sub level 1 when you find it (yellow circular glowing thingy)

¦X.=..........................¦
    ¦...........¦¦..................¦
    ¦............=.oooooooo¦
    ¦................oooooooo¦
    ¦oooooooooooooooo¦
    ¦oooooooooooooooo¦
    Eoooooooooooooooo¦
    ¦oooooooooooooooo¦

E = entrance to the east forest (from the South forest)
    = bridges
    o = land
    . = no land :)
    X = wizards tower

hehe, ascii nwn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Well that was fun while it lasted. :)

Didn't have a clue what was going on but ye were all very friendly to a hopeless newbie.

I'll be back on Monday!
    8:30 right?

• Advertisement

yep. 8.30

What happened:

well. we met up on the portal server and headed over to Raven. Rev joined as DM and teleported us all ot the eastern forest so we could start together. Coll decide to take a level of Ranger and be "friendly" to one of the local animals. The worg didn't like it and his faery protector had a go at us.

then came colls fatal words, "I have an idea". Off we go to the grove to pacify the faery but instead it's 4 friends decide to have a go at us as well. Que lots of running away from scanitly clad females that cannot be injured. Enter Teddy. In the form of a huge red dragon. Despite a bit of crispiness around the edges the group were saved from the nymphs. It was about this time that Robin (puck) and Sarah (flash) had to go.

The rest of us continued on to the tower in the eastern forest (Coll had to be steered away from the terrified wildlife). Inside the tower we headed straight for sub-level 1 where the riddle of the summoning stones waited. turns out that there was a faint colour on each door signifying which stone went on which pedestal. Once all five were placed a portal to sub level 2 opened.

Sub-level 2 was populated by Minogons (metal minotaurs) and Guardians (tough living statues). Revs pet ancient dire bear decided it didn't like us any more and attacked. Rev reckons it was tame when we killed it but it didn't look happy to me. I did notice Collane smiling. Each guardian dropped a coloured stone (blue, red, green and yellow) which, when all were placed on little targets, opened 4 portals. Battling cheese entered the blue portal and was teleported to sub-level 4. I (varathan) took the next portal (red?) at the same time as collane (telefrag anyone?) and ended up on sub-level 3. Turns out BC was in jail. (they must've thought he was JayK).

Sublevel-3: Riddles riddles everywhere and not a one did we get right. To be honest they were pretty weird. If you spoke anywhere near the pillar of light that asked the riddle, a crystal golem appeared if the word was not the answer. We ended up killing all the golems and collecting the focus gems they dropped. In the main room the gems wereplaced on the pedestals and a beam of light passed through each to open up , yep, a portal. Off we go to sub level 4.

Sub-level 4: Where we found BC locked in a cage. heheh.
    We met a woman called Lorik who told us that she was here to help against the evil that is growing. And pointed us to the Ladurr estate (the exit to the west of Raven itself). BC was released and then attacked by Lorik (or did BC decide to get "friendly"?). Rev left after we were teleported out to the forest again.

Back to Raven: on the way I decided to stop and check out an inn we had cleared ou t earlier but during my ramblings on monday I found a stairs down. Turned out to lead to a "strange cave" with a water guardian - a quite fun fight indeed - and 2 coffins. The first held a dagger (+4 bludgeoning damage vs. evil) and a helm (a skull, usable only at 16th). Back in Raven all the shops were locked except the leather shop where I caught up with BC. Coll and Lomir decided to call it a night.

The Laduur estate: myself and BC decided to have a poke around. We found Lord Laduur in the North West rambling about how his Mother was behind it all. Unfortunately his mother has been dead for a fair while now. In one of the houses we found mummies and a mummy lord. Then to the Northeast we found three crypts protected by soon to be dead hounds of xym.

Into the Crypt:
    A crypt guardian met us and told us to leave because "she is too powerful and you will meet your Doooooom". So we left.

no really, we killed it and pressed on. A fairly empty crypt awaited us with few traps or tricks and only a few encounters. One encounter was a room with a coffin, a vampire would spawn and the whole room would go dark. when the vampire died another would spawn, and then another etc. When a vampire was killed there was a brief flash or something called "gaseous form". So, I guessed that he was the same vampire regenerating in the coffin. Solution, break the coffin. Unfortunately, there was another coffin in the north of the room. Following this was a ghostly guardian (a transparent frost giant) that turned out to be a big wuss - actually one of the first decent creatures that I could sneak attack and crit!.

We stopped as we entered the next level of the crypt.

Looks like undead mammy laduur is turning children into golem type things. We should hopefully get this finished on Monday, look forwar to seeing you all there.

nicely reported LoLth,

We have ony begun to explore 1 of the 3 crypts so there should be plenty of undead action on Mon.

Flashbang do you have any resist fear spells as that's the only real problem I have with undead?

protection from alignment > evil, should protect you from the fear effect.

alternatively look into getting an item that protects against mind affecting spells.

If you give that mace to collane, you could borrow his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Was out last night but will make a show for the Monday session.

I'm in some forest being chased by the folks there for crimes I did not commit last I recall.

JAK.

Those folks met a firey end.

• Advertisement

Too bloody good for 'em I say...

though perhaps they had some cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

Name: Sarah Tir'end
    Race: High Elf
    Class: Sorceress
    Current Level: 4
    Animal Companion: Panther names "Xagoth"
    Weaponry: Longbow +2, Longsword +1
    Spells: Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Ray of Frost, Magic Armor, Resistance, Light, and something else
    XP: 8900 (+-300)
    Next Level (lvl5) at 10000
    Next Spells (probably): protection from allignment, identify, fireball
    Additional: when I lvled up, I can wear a cap BattlingCheese gave me which will enable me to cast some more stuff (thx dude!)

ok, so much for me signing up. So, will it be at 8:30 gmt0 again? If so, I might come a bit late (as I got THW-duty to fulfil today), but I can (FINALLY!) stay a bit longer as I don't have to get up so damn soon tomorrow. Looking forward to the game :)
    Thank god I can finally help you ppl with some protection-magic, I started feeling a bit useless :D
    (I just need those 1000 XP, then I can cast the stuff)

cya
    - Flash

not sure but don't sorcerors have to wait 'til 7th level to cast 3rd level spells (like fireball?).

In the meantime, I have a nice wand of negative energy (casts neg. energy ray) that you can have (50 charges, 2 charges per use so that's 25 uses :) ).

We were all pretty useless against those faerie things so don't worry about it. The next session is Monday but I think rev will have the server up during the week. Don't worry, we'll get you those 1000xp in no time.

Puck, you should probably arrange to have a session or two during the week, get a bit of XP and develope the character a bit (as well as getting some tasty equipment). Yourself and flash would make a good team as you are close enough in level that the server won't beef the encounters up too much.

Chapter 1 is back on the game server, but I might put on Ravenloft again.

any1 know where in Chp1 i can get equip made with adamantine?? and ironwood?

the silver sword (i think it's called).

you talk to the owner about "premium" items and he'll let you into the back room where a dwarf makes them for you.

Your best bet is to plead Rev to put chapter 3?? up and go to the forge in that one, much better items (Uthgard ceremonial sword, two bladed keen sword - keen doubles the crit range) or a longsword that does +1d10 damage (sonic) etc.

Ravenloft? Which one is that? me like ravenloft so I would definitely like to give it a go. me don't like undead though (no sneak attack or crit :( ).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i havea 10th level rogue, but i dont have an internet connection :(

maybe when i move house i will get cable, and then i would love to play. actually, i know someone else who would like to play as well. but it will eb another 2 months

That would be slick WWM, be handy to have a couple more people to play as we are all fairly on and off - so somedays there is all of us and others just one or two.

'Tis quite a good laugh all the same. And no end of short or 'continuable' <possibly not a word> mods to download from the vault.

JAK.

wwman, you'll need to create a new character on the server and develope him there. but don't worry, in two months I'd say we'll most likely be starting up a new campaign with low level characters :) . anyways, the more the merrier.

If your friend is online now he's more than welcome to join in.

on a side note:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1029864470223.shtml
    lvl 11 - 15, set around a battle. good reviews despite a relatively low score. heavy combat. A sequel to Raven?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Managed to keep up with the Raven game 'till just before Teddy arived. Got killed in the forrest when i ran into some orangey misty thing on the ground. Thought the worg thing was gas. Just my luck to miss out on the dragon.

Managed to level up to level 3 tonight on the Chapter 1 module with the aid of BC (thanks :) ). At first I didn't know that he was a level 13 and went charging into all of his bad guys and got my arse seriously kicked!

I'll keep practicing when I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

managed to lvl up to 5 on chap1.

Got protection from allignment now so you guys can have a safe h&s. Also got acid arrows now which will (finally) provide me with some needed firepower on spell level. Not too much, but acceptable.

Mantel got a shed load of cleric goodies for you.

a ring, 2 mace's, amulet of pearls. They're pretty good goodies. I'd keep em myself but there cleric only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

mmmmm, cleric stuff, can't wait to try it :) Hope its not too hight level stuff. Have slippers of the holy or something for level 15 :( I got some remove fear spells that double as protect from fear aswell so they should keep the mummies from putting the fear into us :)

Oh and Jay can confirm that those woodland creatures where at strange things when we arrived, standing still and makeing noises.

Must give that chap 1 a try myself, level 8 or 9 would be handy.

Advertisement