Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rail Lobby Group

Options
  • 04-01-2003 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭

The inaugural meeting of the Rail Lobby Group will be held on

Saturday 11 January 2003

at

The Banker's Club
    93 St. Stephen's Green South
    Dublin 2

commencing

12 Noon

The venue is 5 doors up from the University Church, in the direction of Harcourt St.

All are welcome; many thanks to Hassard and IRN for their support and we look forward to seeing you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If you dont mind me asking, what are you lobbying for (specifically) ?

As a highly irregular rail user, I dont know what the ups and downs of Irish rail travel are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by 80project
    If you dont mind me asking, what are you lobbying for (specifically) ?

As a highly irregular rail user, I dont know what the ups and downs of Irish rail travel are :)

In short, the provision of a proper rail service geared towards customers needs.
    To give an example I am personally familiar with, the earliest train from Wexford arrives in Dublin at 10.23 am. This is useless for anybody who wants to do business, and I have been told as much by various people, who have taken the bus instead.
    It is quite easy for Irish Rail to say that there is no demand for service on a route, when the service provided is useless.
    Other issues raised will include Irish Rails retrenchment from freight Services.
    Take a look around the site linked in the first post :)
    john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Thanks JD,
    got a bit of an oversight of what its about.

Does their sphere of interest include stuff like the provision of a subway system for Dublin?

Originally posted by 80project
    Thanks JD,
    got a bit of an oversight of what its about.

Does their sphere of interest include stuff like the provision of a subway system for Dublin?
    It does-most of the focus of the web site has been on mainline/suburban rail (loco/railcar) though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

read the backpage of sundays indo

I can identify with the journalists story.
    I had the misfortune to be a passenger on a Killarney to Dublin train some years ago that had no light or heat. Not so bad in July or August, but in the depts of Winter it is disgraceful. After complaining to Irish Rail I was informed that the provision of light and heat in carriages is not part of the customer charter

what a joke

• Advertisement

Please find encl. Agenda as follows. The meeting will introduce the issues, which will then be dealt with in more detail by a number of speakers. Each topic will be followed by a discussion, finishing with the formalities necessary to establish the Group.

Agenda 11/3/2003

Opening Address
    1. Introduction : The Current State of Irish Railways
    2. Impending Closures
    3. Discussion
    4. The Passenger Experience
    5. Discussion
    6. New Thinking - Rail Development
    7. Discussion
    8. Lobby Group Strategy
    9. Discussion
    10. Election of Committee
    11. Proposals
    A.O.B.

A reminder of the meeting details;

Saturday 11 January 2003

at

The Banker's Club
    93 St. Stephen's Green South
    Dublin 2

commencing

12 Noon

The venue is 5 doors up from the University Church, in the direction of Harcourt St.

We expect to finish at 4pm.

IRN

Advertisement