Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking up

Options
  • 30-12-2002 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, im kinda in a daze cause i broke up with my girlfriend of 8 months today. Dont really know why im posting this. I have this real sickky, and lonely feeling. It really sucks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All a part of being in a break up. Don't worry about it. It happened for the good of you so rely on the fact that it is now over and move on. It will be difficult but ride the storm like a... strong.. erm... ship or something.

don't worry about it.

/me slaps Grimes around a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

/grimes gets grimes drunk yeatyyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Grimes
    Hey, im kinda in a daze cause i broke up with my girlfriend of 8 months
    8 months wow thats young .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi,

****ty time of the year to feel alone too!

Listen i woud reccomend a good rebound relationship, with the first available person to help fill the gap.

I have had a few breakups in my time, (God I sound ancient!) but have found that when you breakup with someone you cared for a lot, and a part of you feels like its missing etc.. a quick relationship with a consenting adult often eases the pain.

Good luck

X

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

did she dump you?

it matters you know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Talk to some-one about it. Might help. Drink doesn't help though makes you feel worse (I know from expierence :( ) Well hope you get better about it.

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    did she dump you?

it matters you know.

Em we havnt been getting along for a while, about 2 weeks. We were just friends more or less. So she was meant to come out with me tonight but she cancelled. Thats when I said "wats the story", "i love you" then she didnt feel so strong so she called it cause it wasnt fair on ither of us.

Awwww..., that last post reads so sad, Grimes, and on New years eve :(
    Out you go now, chin up, have a few beers, but don't get bladdered, off to the club, jump up and down , grab, nearest like minded chick, spin some lyrics and slap the gob in, if appropriate, if not, get a phone number and slap it in next time :)

What ever you do when you go out , do not wallow in self pity, smile and forget about it for tonight, as if you look sad, it will lessen your gobs chances.

Regarding the chick that dumped you, remember, She made the huge mistake, not you*

mm
    * = huge mistake being to lead you along till you fell in love in the first place and worse having the bad heart to do a dumping near Xmas, thats a big no no in my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yes... I recently (today) admited that I was umm (almost) in love with a girl I've known for years.

I haven't decided whether to give up my job and go to Australia (as she as urged me to do) or stay at home and sulk.

Sulking is a function of how much coffee I have consumed.

mmmm..... caffeine.......

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I think its best you follow your heart and go to australia. This is the finite seconds of YOUR life you are wasting away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by Grimes
    Hey, im kinda in a daze cause i broke up with my girlfriend of 8 months today. Dont really know why im posting this. I have this real sickky, and lonely feeling. It really sucks.

hey grimes we've something in common , i broke up with my girlfriend on the same day - after living together for two years,

i really thought she was the one ;

at least it wasn't draggged out and we are settling it in a reasonable manner, i own everything in the flat so it's agreed i keep it, anyway to a new year and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I broke with my Girlfriend 5 months ago we where planning to get married and where buying a house together it was terrible the worst time I have ever had we had an apartment together and I couldnt sleep in our bed after she went back home Everything reminds me of her even most of my clothes as she got them for me but as someone else said take in the chin and get back out there.

Just try and do stuff to take your mind of it.

and dont do what I did NYE we went out having a great night taking about getting back together then I had a massive fight with her (I know why we broke up now) and now her and her friends dont think much of me. So stay clear of them and meet some one else i reckon is the Best way to get over someone but its not always that easy I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Hey Grimes

I am really sorry, like you I have recently broke up with my ex, about three weeks before Christmas - what is with Christmas, we were due to live together. But then maybe it was for the best, Grimes you never know what is around the corner. Grieve, let it out but open yourself to the adventure of 'anything can happen' for every downside, there is an upside.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ArwenEvenstar

Well, I can do the other side of the coin.... i left someone a year ago that i had been living with for almost 3 years.

I'm still branded "the heartless bitch", but it would have been sooo much worse to keep going as it was.
    Have been rummaging through other posts in here, and I can so see the point of "if there's dumping done then there's something wrong in the relationship". It's usually harder for one side to see it than the other though..

Even though I left,it still took sooo long to get over, and am still working on it.

I think a fling might be a good idea though.... its contact without all the commitment stuff which, I'm guessing, you don't want right now...
    My phrase of the moment has turned into

"I'm not looking for Mr Right...just Mr Right Now"
    :p

Reading threads like this makes me glad I'm a misanthrop.
    Women are poison, clearly you can be foolish and get into a relationship thinking 'this one will be different'.

Reality is though, it's never different and it was only by virtue of the fact that past generations had religion brow beaten into them that marriages lasted.

In modern times it's divorce, not life time monogamist marriages that are becoming the norm.

So it makes me feel all warm and protected to know, I'm not exposing myself again and again to the delusion that 'this time' will be 'the time' and that 'this girl' is 'the one'.

God bless micorwave ovens, divorce court and blue movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ArwenEvenstar

Women are poison, and all men are baxt*rds.....

Wahoo! We can all be hardned cynics together lol

:D

Originally posted by ArwenEvenstar
    Women are poison, and all men are baxt*rds.....

Funny you should mention that... I seem to remember the word anulment coming into play vis-a-vis a marriage that took place in my family... though to be honest I'm thinking the PC term is "illegitimate child" these days.

Wahoo! We can all be hardned cynics together lol

Well I am free Friday and willing to pick up random people in chat rooms.
    Interested?

Just to keep this post midly on topic: Personally Grimes I wouldn't worry about breaking up with girls, at least comfort yourself with the fact it was you doing the breaking up bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Originally posted by Greenbean
    I think its best you follow your heart and go to australia. This is the finite seconds of YOUR life you are wasting away.

top marks for this statement.
    Two thumbs up !

Gav

Well Im seriously considering Ghana for a few months

Advertisement