Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Xmas Sales

Options
  • 29-12-2002 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

any1 see any decent post xmas deals for games anywhere, glad to see smyths still doin the buy two get one free deal:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game (bless their little overpriced cotton socks) are trying to shift their shit gamecube games for about €40.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

**** "Game"
    Previously owned game "X" - 49.99 euro
    New game "X" -59.99 euro
    Devil may cray GONE PLATINUM is for 40 . Rest are all basically for about 60 in "Game".

Smyths were selling a few for 30.
    HMV = 2 for 50 same with Currys .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

play.com are selling some dirt cheap gamecube titles
    http://www.playserver5.com/play247.asp?page=promo&r=GC&id=109

any of those worth picking up? already have rogue
    leader, need a good driving game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

There are some shops in Akihabara with some superb sales on both hardware and software for the new year. I'm off out to buy a Panasonic Q - for all of £20 more than a normal GameCube would cost me in the UK :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thats cool man , Panasonic Q is the thing !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Shinji
    There are some shops in Akihabara with some superb sales on both hardware and software for the new year. I'm off out to buy a Panasonic Q - for all of £20 more than a normal GameCube would cost me in the UK :):):)

No chance of picking me up one of those nice sirens they have in the little shops round the corner?:D

(enjoy your trip)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

There are some shops in Akihabara with some superb sales on both hardware and software for the new year. I'm off out to buy a Panasonic Q - for all of £20 more than a normal GameCube would cost me in the UK

Bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Have to say I had a quick look in the shops and didn't see too many bargains. The PS/2 is dropped what 20 yoyo's? Thats less than 10%. Most of the newer titles are still at pretty high prices. Some even seem to have gone up of thats possible. I'll be shopping on the net for my next game purchases. Their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

no one seemed to listem to me earlier on this week but virgin are selling ps2s for 250 while everywhere else feels the need to sell em for 270(including the sony centre). it works out better because dixons/currys the only other place with a reasonalbe deal only stocks seriously crappy games to go with their deal.

[edit]i would sell my granny for a panasonic Q. anyone needs a granny? she makes bloody good roast potatoes(now i mean seriously good ones) and always has a supply of pringles in her cupoard :)[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

xtra-vision has some allright deals like the getaway and vice city for 50 euros each
    and resident evil for the gc for 55 and mario sunshine for 50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by RasTa
    xtra-vision has some allright deals like the getaway and vice city for 50 euros each
    and resident evil for the gc for 55 and mario sunshine for 50

Still not much of a sale is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I got Eternal Darkness in Xtra vision the other night, €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Question:
    Before Christmas, why were Game selling Resident Evil (GameCube) for only 50 squid?

Is it because it's selling ****e due to it being an Aged 15+ game, or what?

Mills: Was ED 2nd hand or new, and which XtraVision? That's an excellent price for ED.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,006 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

xtra-vision have 10-15 yoyos of lots of brand new games. Kingdom hearts was 50 and eternal darkness was 45 yoyos. Getting myself eternal darkness when I finish me exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I was in HMV on Grafton St. at lunchtime and they have Project Gotham Racing for xbox for €17!!!! Bit of a bargain that, to say the least...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

The also have the Oddworld game for X-Box for 17 squid

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Any one seen any places selling cheap PC games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

HMV are doing a fair few PC games for 2 for 50 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

seen a nice bargin in game last night. Zone of the Enders for €60. suits you sir.
    how the hell does that place actually sell anything?
    platinum games for €35 while the rest of the country sells em for €30 arghh.

but i did pick up silent hill 2 and zone of the enders for €50 in dixons in liffey valley. you gotta be smart about it though. they have a big list of games that are included in the promotion on the wall next to the games but one a few are actually on display(the rest are hidden behind the counter).

Advertisement