Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams and Sleep

Options
  • 29-12-2002 8:52am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

This is concerning my dreams, it seems that in the past 2/3 years I've lost all ability to remember my dreams. When i wake up in the morning it's like I just blinked my eyes and I'm awake, I don't feel like I have slept at all, don't get that 'rested' feeling.

I've tried a few things, light on, light off, low music on or off someone suggested cheese oddly enough, ate loads, to no avail.

I'm not sure what it is. It's very annoying and I never wake up refreshed. I cannot concentrate anymore and my mind wanders like ****. I just can't think straight. And it's really damaging my school work as well as my hobbies, in exams I know how to do it but I can't think or remember, if you know what I mean. Also it means I cannot learn poetry or oral work. I'm in Leaving Cert and it's Christmas so this is becoming a problem.

Some nights I cannot even sleep, I just lie there, unable to doze off for hours and hours.

Someone please offer a few suggestions on above. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

The thing that works for me is text some-one. It makes me sleepy. I have terrible problems getting to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There are one or two threads on this already Mr. Taz. Give them a read and see what you think.

One thing from those threads that could help you is changing the time you go to sleep. REM happens at certain points in your sleep, if you interrupt it you may feel unrested.

Do a search for sleep or sleepless on PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

maybe aliens are takeing you at night n performing experiments on you, then they blank out your memory ... part of a sleep deprivation / stress test O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

These threads might be worth taking a look at:

Dreams
    Sleeping Problems (Not Quite Insomnia)
    Insomnia

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

well i've found a penguin bar and a glass of milk(fúcked up as it sounds) has on about 80% of my eating it before bed , given me dreams.

i tried loadsa stuff after my thread on dreams. i got a long list of herbs as well which are supposed to induce dreams , havent been able to find any in online shops though so most of them are probably illegal or something.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Cheers for the info, i get sleep paralysis every so often too, such a bitch. Thanks for links.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by azezil
    maybe aliens are takeing you at night n performing experiments on you, then they blank out your memory ... part of a sleep deprivation / stress test O_o

I remember watching star trek once when riker went to bed and around 5 seconds later it was morning... he could'nt understand how the night went so fast. It turned out aliens were experimenting on him !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

I use to have serious sleeping problems, I would end up staying up till 4 in the morning and then up for school at 8.

The best cure I found for it was pot, your sure to get a goods night sleep. What I find best is to put a little pot into a yogurt on a saturday night(eat away), goto sleep, and then I usually always ly on of a sunday, and then I feel great for the week. It seems to have knocked my sleeping pattersn into order.

Another thing I do on weekdays is weight lifting for an hour and then I walk for another hour, I do that later in the day and then I also have no problems in sleeping.

And dont worry it wont make you stupid if your only doing it once a week and it wont cost that much at all, its just that constant pot smoking that makes your average idiot..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Cut out caffeine (and maybe alcohol too).
    Also dont eat after 8pm

Also ignoring deimos's pot smoking idea is a good plan too!

Advertisement