Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo parlours in Dublin : compare and contrast

Options
  • 28-12-2002 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I am thinking of getting a new tattoo here in Dublin, but I have only a rough idea of where to avoid and where is good. What I'm after is relatively straightforward tribal work, but I'd still prefer to go to the best as opposed to a mediocre artist.

Anyone have any experience of the following places or care to recommend anyone in particular?

Sacred Art: I've heard that Karen, the owner, is excellent, but there is a fairly long waiting list (not necessarily a bad thing, I could wait a month). Anyone else at Sacred art very good?

Zulu: I've heard mostly negative things except about the owner Sean.

Celestial (?) Tattoo, St. Stephens Green: Looks like a pretty clean shop, looked through a few portfolios- what's their reputation like?

Classic Ink: There is a fabulous guy doing Japanese style work here, but it's not what I'm after. Not quite sure what the other artists are like.

Thoughts, experiences, opinions?
    Any other parlours I should check out?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Good thread! I'm thinking of doing the same next time I'm in Dublin. Thinking about getting my tongue pierced too.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

hmm well DONT goto the mint its just off O Connel street beside the gpo really dark and dirty, DONT goto the dragon inn it on talbot street i got a tatoo in there an now im scarred for life, i nicked a few needles to have a look at them, 2 of them wer fhooked, so not only would it tatoo you, it would tear the **** outa your flesh.. (this is what happened to me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Unjaku

"I got a tattoo in there and now I'm scarred for life"

LOL

All tattoos are scars... but I take your point, maybe you ended up with a lemon.

I was at the after-party of the recent tattoo convention (it was at Eamonn Dorans), there was a lot of nice ink on display, but I get the feeling most of it was done outside the country.

I'm going to check out Sacred Art again over the next few days, see what the score is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

The "Wild Eagle" is good from what ive seen. I dont have the address but you will find it in the phonebook.

Getting mine abroad was probably a bad Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Classic Ink and Sacred art are definitely the best, if I had to choose between the two then i'd say SA simply because it's been around so long.

It's a pity you weren't here last month for the Dublin tattoo convention, it was class, some fantastic artists there you could have taken your pick! :)

And yeah, don't go to the Mint. VERY dodgy place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ineedanswer

sorry im asking because it seems like you have some experience. Im thinkin of getting a tattoo done but im not 18.. iv put a lot of thought into what i want but is there any way i would be able to get it done well, and the way I want it if i dont have permission from a guardian ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

The best place to ask this question would be the Tattoos & Piercings Forum :)

Oh holy thread resurrection Batman!! Just realised how old this thread is...why not start a new thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ineedanswer

The best place to ask this question would be the Tattoos & Piercings Forum :)
    ahh.. so sorry just getting used to this forum setup thingy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I don't understand why people feel the need to doodle on themselves in permanent ink. Are they trying to distract attention away from other areas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

ahh.. so sorry just getting used to this forum setup thingy :P
    No worries, but a word of advice: try to either start a new thread by clicking the New Thread button, or ask in a more recent one related to the subject...the moderators don't like people dragging up ancient stuff:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Unjaku wrote: »
    Sacred Art: I've heard that Karen, the owner, is excellent, but there is a fairly long waiting list (not necessarily a bad thing, I could wait a month). Anyone else at Sacred art very good?

Shes no longer there, afaik. Moved back to Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Steyr wrote: »

backseat mod forum ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

backseat mod forum ffs

The ironing is delicious...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

ib4tl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

The OP has probably posted in the interim years looking for the best tattoo removal place in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

become legal and knock yourself out at the tattoo and piercings forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement