Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart disease disaster in North West

Options
  • 28-12-2002 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

As you all are probably aware. Coronary Artery Disease [CAD] is now the number one killer of both genders in Ireland, even outranking cancer in females.

Yet, here in the " North Western Health Board " area, we still have to be - sent off- (if lucky enough?) - to Dublin for lifesaving surgical procedures, and even then some people are having to wait so long they simply do not survive long enough to make it!.

This situation is untenable and unjustified. I would like to see an online "Public petition" taken up online through this forum, demanding that proper heart surgery facilities and personnel are provided as a matter of great urgency in this region either at Letterkenny or Sligo.

Having witnessed the existing fiasco at close hand I am no longer prepared to sit back and allow this disgrace to continue without being highlighted.

If you agree with me, please express your opinion on this serious life or death issue in this thread.

Many thanks.

Yours,

Paddy20.

Advertisement