Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA games?

Options
  • 27-12-2002 7:43pm

Im just after getting a GBA and I was wondering what good games there are for it. Is there a Stargate game on either gameboy or on the GBA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

The Castlevania games Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance (sp?) are quite good, I find, as is the Zone of the Enders game (reminds me of the SNES game Front Mission) and Golden Sun is Qute good if you like your Final Fantasy-Type games. On the familiarity front, you've got Doom, Doom II, Wolf 3d (GBA) and Heroes of Might and Magic for the GBC (Undecided about this one). You could also try one of the Tony Hawks games for the GBA.

Then there are the classics, like Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC), Mario Advance (Mario 2), Mario advance 2 (Mario World) and the recent Mario advance 3 (Yoshi's Island, or Mario World 2). You can also get Broken Sword for the GBA, which is also on the PC, though it's a tad awkward getting around.

I've played emulated versions of many of these games, or I have the game itself, either on GBA, GBC or PC.

One game I wasn't too fond of was Dark Arena, which Doom and even Wolfenstein 3d, beats the crap out of. Still, there were a couple of good points, just that the game as a whole wasn't all that good imho. I tried it out on an emulator (One of my habits is to try out the game on an emulator before buying, and if it's any good, I buy it, and if it isn't I don't get it).

If you have any other questions, I'd be more than willing to help you out with any questions you might have about GBA games. You can email me at webmaster@emulation-storm.com (this goes for anyone else too, who needs help, just make sure to say what your Boards ID is, so I'll be able to contact you through the boards if needs be)

To the Mods: If this is breaking any rules, please let me know, and I'll sort out some alternative way of contacting me. Thanks.

Edit: And on the subject of a GBC/GBA Stargate game, I'm n ot sure, but you never know, it could happen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

metroid fusion tbh

Advertisement