Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone use emulators on the xbox?

Options
  • 27-12-2002 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had much experience with emulators on the xbox ?

I found that the snes(xsnes9x) one works very nicely but the sound isn't great on the gba(gbax and visual gameboy x) ones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Install windows, and bobs your uncle :)
    Tim is possibly your aunt, and george is a tentative cousin twice removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

the problem there is the need for a keyboard and mouse :( unless they were wireless it'd be a mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

*lairy drunken rant deleted*

just buy a gba if you want to play it's games so bad, no point in downloading roms for a console that is readily available in the shops, unless you're into that whole warez monkey scene

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Originally posted by tman
    *lairy drunken rant deleted*

just buy a gba if you want to play it's games so bad, no point in downloading roms for a console that is readily available in the shops, unless you're into that whole warez monkey scene

I agree about buying a GBA :) but try before you buy is important and most shops wont let you do that. People that bought SW EPII AOTC on GBA could have been spared its complete crapness had they just tried it out on an emu first....Question: How many Arcade PCB's do you own? or N64,snes,megadive game carts? compare that to the number of roms on your HD. Alot of these games don't make money for they're creators(The "grey area" that is abandonware) but alot still do! SNK being a prime example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

GBA gives old snes games in really low rez on a crap screen.....or you can play them 99% perfect on a nice telly, thru' a breeze block looking xbox for basically 0.00 euros.

Hmmm so hard to figure which choice......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

what i was looking for was any recommendations on emu etc - if i do find inclined to play a lot of gba games then i will buy one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i only really use gba emulators for play before you pay. anyway emulating a handheld on a computer kinda defeats the whole idea of a handheld game in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by bugs
    GBA gives old snes games in really low rez on a crap screen.....or you can play them 99% perfect on a nice telly, thru' a breeze block looking xbox for basically 0.00 euros.

Hmmm so hard to figure which choice......

My brother has a GBA, and I for one vouch that the screen is not crap. Tis . nyom acutally, to have that in your hand and be able to play Speedball2 and Cannonfodder while on thebus is just genius.
    More power i say....if only yhe roms weren't so expensive.... or the core machine itself was feature full enough not to require custom chips in the paks.
    Adownloadable retail path might work, with onboard or expandable flash memory packs....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by SyxPak
    My brother has a GBA, and I for one vouch that the screen is not crap. Tis . nyom acutally...

The portability factor is grand..but, jesus christ..they should have had it backlit from day one. Its too dark even in a fully lit room :/

Try playing Castlevania or Doom (even at brightness 6 with static lighting on) and you're still straining to see it clearly.

Gonna send away for one of those afterburner kits after january.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Try playing Castlevania or Doom

castlevania - harmony of dissonance uses a much brighter palette than the first gba one so i dont think that light is too much of a problem playing it. as for a blacklight gba i have heard rumors of one coming out as a limited edition in japan. kinda strange logic considering the demand for one. but think of the original gb. a massive industry sprung up to give periphirals for the gb and it makes sence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Cant play gba in bus at day time , cause sun lights reflection on the screen , night time is possible if u r under the light .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

*Pushes this tread slightly back on topic

UAE-X V0.6 Released
    Amiga emulator for X-Box has been updated to version 0.6 now.

Changes in Version 0.6:
    New year release
    screen position/resize added
    made screen updating to flicker less
    added antialias settings
    you can now disable the drive status bar

NesterX v0.08 released

The NES Emulator for the X-Box has been updated.

Whats New
    Added Graphics Filters (Simple2x, AdMame2x, 2xSaI, Super2xSaI)
    Added Screen Shot Grab Function
    Support sound low pass filter
    L/R trigger (scroll by trigger) fix

GBA Emulator for the X-Box V0.10

Features (Xbox version)
    High speed processing.
    A flash memory for the backup is created on the hard disk of Xbox, and it can be managed in the dashboard of Xbox.
    Based on Xbox TCR2.0.

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes an emulation nut (Me)choose one console over another:) With a bit of luck U64emu will get a port over to xbox sometime soon!

Advertisement