Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UlrtaHLE 2064

Options
  • 24-12-2002 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

UltraHLE 2064

Time for an early christmas present, its a fully zilmar spec compliant ultrahle that plays Zelda 2. sound is a bit borked(in majoras mask that is) but a bit of tweakin should sort it. they also claim sram is working but im not having any joy with it. but it is only a first release and things are sure to get better. but enough talk, its time for Majora's Mask at full speed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

/me does a happy dance.

Majoras Mask at full speed you say! Sounds like I wont be leaving my room tomorrow :) except for stuffing my face.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Excellent....The N64 has fallen out of favor with me thanks to a renewed interest in RAINE (Particulary Puzzle Bobble2 ) but I'll give it a shot as soon as i "obtain" Majora's Mask ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Oh yes an a Happy christmas to the regular posters on the emulators board:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

under closer inspection Majoras mask is a bit fupped up. there is no energy bar so everything kills you first time around and the little bits of the big fairy also have a nasty habit of making you dead instead of healing you. not quite the way the original worked. but the gfx are almost as good as you can get.

F-zero X works and looks pretty good under jabos directx7 1.4 and is insanely fast.

mario 64 has some combine mode problems in the opengl internal plugin and with jabos d3d7 1.4 has some issues with sprites. works fine on the 1.5 version.

ultrahle now also supports mempacks and the rumble pack. although i suspect that eeprom saving will not work for certain rom formats. ie both the mario 64 and majoras mask roms i have are in z64 format and there is no on cart saving working for those titles.

some major and some minor problems but considering how much does work and it is only the first release im very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

So.............they moved it over to non-glide stuff yet. I remember playing it way back when, and fiddling with glide wrappers which was a pain.
    Actually, N64 roms must be the only ones i dont have almost a full set of. Always annoying hard things to come by really, too big, and too many of them are dire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

lol, didn't know Kairo was a mod :D

I'm really happy to hear this, N64 emulation is too undone.
    The original UltraHLE hasn't been updated since 2000 =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blue-J

Any you folks tried the latest version of project64? I have Mario 64, Zelda OOT, goldeneye and mario cart 64 on it and they all rund more or less perfect with working audio. Used to have ultrahle years ago, never really bothered with U64 until Project 64. I'm majorly addicted to Zelda.

Any you folks tried the latest version of project64?

because i dont have a quad processor itanium setup with 4gb of ram, 10 180gb hard drives in a tasty raid array to store my goodn64 rom set and a set of custom geforce fx cards that allow sli like the old voodoo2 cards :) mmm gigaflops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Blue-J

Well, its not quite my setup ;) but i reckon a p3 1.5 and a decent g card should run it pretty well. I guess not then. Well, any1 who has a p4 2g.z and above, its the dogs hairy ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I thought I'd never find an n64 emulator that got along with my geforce3. Still can't get goldeneye to run..but I'm putting it down to a dodgey rom at this stage.

Now..if I could just get around the sound crackling and inexplicable crashes, I might actually sit down and play through Zelda again :)

Note..I've gotten Majora's Mask to work on other emulators perfectly with glide wrappers.

• Advertisement

the sound problems are a known problem that should be fixed with the next release along with the sram fixes to get majoras mask working 100%
    Well, its not quite my setup but i reckon a p3 1.5 and a decent g card should run it pretty well. I guess not then. Well, any1 who has a p4 2g.z and above, its the dogs hairy ones.

my setup aint even as l33t as a 1.5 p3, more like 500mhz :( thats why i like ultrahle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Majoras mask works well on my machine using Project 64 (I'm using an Athlon XP2100, 256 pc3200 ddr ram and a GF4 Ti4400.

Sound is a little scratchy but plays fine and looks better than the original which my missus just finished tonight (I'm one of the saps who went and spend 70 punts on a cart for a dead console when the game came out, can't say I'm sorry though !).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Underscore

If your PC is fast enough, you can fix Zelda's PJ64 sound errors by turning sync game to audio on. My Athlon XP1600+, GF4 TI4200 runs just about everything perfectly on PJ64.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I got the present of a n64 and a good few games (the zeldas) with it so I duley have stopped bothering to try get it running perfectly.... :)

Advertisement