Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic Mega Collection

Options
  • 23-12-2002 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Jesus I want this after reading a US review. Sonics 1-3 and Sonic & knuckles! :D I suppose I'm only looking forward to it so much because sonic one was the first game I'd ever played and I just want it for the nostalgia (I sold my mega drive ages ago :( ) Its on the Cube and the emulations are supposed to be perfect. It hasn't been announced here yet but I really ****in hope they do, ye think they're gonna bring it over here sometime... shinji? They'd damn well better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say it will come out here. Slightly OT, but I went to GameFaqs to see if there was a date for it, and I spotted this in the North American list:

2/17 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Has the N64 classic been ported to the gamecube? Is this the 64DD version that comes with the Jap version of Wind Waker?

Shinji? :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

theres a post here about zelda being released as a special edition type thing in japan and debate over wheather europe will get it.

it is the 64 dd version.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

It has been confirmed that the Zelda OOT/ Ura Zelda remakes will arrive in the states, but as usual nothing has been said about europe. personaly i think there is a greater chance of a monkey singing the macerana before we see it over here.

As for the Sonic collection they really should add Sonic CD to it. that is the best 2d sonic that was made and the jap soundtrack is fuppin great(the us one is ****)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

is this coming out on ps2???

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

No for the moment Sonic team are exclusive GC devs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Thit mo jaw ar an urlar nuair a choniac me on phictuir ar on this gaem. its not coming out on the ps2 loike. but man it'd be cool to see some classic sonic **** on mah widescreen telleh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I don't know about European release information for either of these, unfortunately, but Sonic Mega Collection certainly looks excellent - it's just come out in Japan I think, so loads of the shops here have it running on demo machines. I expect that it'll hit Europe eventually too; Sonic has always been a successful franchise there.

As for Ocarina of Time, yes, this is the version which was ported to the Cube to be bundled with Wind Waker. It includes both the original Ocarina of Time in its entirety, and Ura-Zelda - the never previously released 64DD Zelda game.

You know, I'd never really appreciated how important Zelda is in Japan until now. It's quite an experience walking through Akihabara and seeing banks of huge screens showing gameplay footage from Wind Waker along with lengthy shots of Miyamoto explaining aspects of the game. His celebrity is astonishing, for a game designer; can you imagine any other designer in the world having his face included on the trailer reel for the game being shown in videogame stores?

The Cube is trailing the PS2 here by a huge margin of course, but it's still making up the ground almost effortlessly - supported not by huge advertising campaigns or flashy sponsorship, but simply by releasing games like this which every gamer in Japan wants to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

a small fee for the english translations is on the cards , anyway, i wouldn't mind paying €15-18 for the extra disc would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

And so I find myself the only person who never and still doesnt like sonic. The games arent even that good loike! Mario pwned him every damn day of the week imo :cool:
    a small fee for the english translations is on the cards , anyway, i wouldn't mind paying €15-18 for the extra disc would you?
    Aye I agree it should be done but 15 seems a bit high. 10 would be acceptable for most I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

along with lengthy shots of Miyamoto explaining aspects of the game. His celebrity is astonishing, for a game designer

that idea was central to my argument about the mass apeal of games to people. :) miyamoto is a genius but how many europeans know who he is let alone what he has done?

mark ahve you ever played sonic cd? until mario64 it was my favourite platformer. each level had three different versions. one far in the past, one in the present and one in the future. each was intricatly detailed and complicated and the music was fantastic(the european release was the same as the jap one but all the warez kiddies who try to d/l it they will end up the us crappy version). it was the finest out and out action 2d platformer that was ever made and should be included in the compilation. i even rate it above yoshis island because of the fact you could just pick it up and have a blast just playing through any level you had previously completed even though you knew what to do and what was coming. the sheer enjoyment factor of it is something lacking from modern platform games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I haven't played any of the newer sonics but I'm playing mario sunshine at the moment and I'm really enjoying it. Still the classic sonic games were so much better than the classic mario ones.

Sonic > Mario

Teebeehaytch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Nope Stu Ill admit I havent played Sonic CD (Is this a different game to Sonic 3d because that sucked quite a large amount of buttocks). And as for this
    Sonic > Mario
    Mario 3> Sonic 1,2,3 :)

Advertisement