Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWN - Monday 23/12/2002

Options
  • 23-12-2002 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for tonights game thats if ppl want one.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

copy and paste:

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/module...798553570.shtml
    Temple of the elder god, BT3, don't ahve to play the first two seemingly (but might be nice if we did, at higher level we'll walk through them pretty quickly). levels 5-7, good combat and some puzzles.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/module...026226951.shtml
    Spires of Ravenloft, fantasy/horror - yes undead (again)
    for a challenge. lvls 6-9, more roleplaying than combat but it could be very nice. Great reviews.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/module...317341687.shtml
    war of the yellow fang. Hack n slash. stomp stomp adventure. Good reviews though.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/module...090266030.shtml

got good reviews, Flight of the Spirits (Multiplayer) but seemingly has a quite difficult section near the end. Some people gave up on this because of that. Might be a Raven re-visited

the first two would be my preferred choices but a hack n slash might be a good change (remember the Orc siege?)

jak reckons a good stitch would be nice, so that would be the war of the yellow fang one then :)

If it's a dungeon/puzzle one I'd go for BT3 temple of the elder gods. I played BT1 and it was quite good, well put together (nothing unusual or spectacular).

Yellow fang has a DM readme (which I haven't read) so I'm not sure if it requires a DM or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I've uploaded yellow fang

arent the boards drinks on tonight, we may want to move the to another night.

good point. I'm in work tomorrow though so I'll drop onto the server for 8:30. If no-one there I'll just have to go to the local :)

Now *that* was fun :) (apart from the multiple deaths trying to save lomir's ass! hehe).

Tough fights, a bit of running about in the wilderness, getting close to nature and then sticking a sword in it!

Thanks to everyone for a great game.

Well, I assume there won't be a game on wednesday :) or wednesday week. I'll be away next monday, so I'll see ye all again on the 6th.

oh, me got to 9th level. 5th level mage (yaaaay) I HAVE FIREBALL! Muhahahahahahahaaaaaa, time to fry my own party...eh I mean all the bad guys.. Think I'll take another level of Rogue next, just to get the 2d6 sneak attack and the improved evasion :). Remind me to buy arrows before we continue.

• Advertisement

The few minutes I saw of it looked good. I saved the game so we can continue (if its that sort of game).

On a side note, has anyone tried making a module ? If so will we give it a go one of these nights, if u want to run a dm I'll sort out access on that front for u.

I'm in the process of putting one together (so the chance to subject people to it for playtesting would be lovely). I'm a fair bit off completing it though. Basic maps are done, areas are linked, just working out adding in merchants, NPCs etc and balancing encounters. Still have to put in conversations and add in effects (lighting, sounds etc).

have to say I do like the editor. it's quite nice to work with, just a pity you can't mix and match tile-sets.

by the way,

we might need some DM intervention. Battlingcheese was overcome with a severe bout of Jak-itis which resulted in the unfortunate death of an NPC. I think we might need him to clear the way forward (we have to find a spell for him to clear the rocks in the cave, and I'm not sure if it is a scroll anyone else can cast).

Also, new players joinin gin arrive in the first area, in the middle of a horde of hobgoblins and goblins. If new players are coming in we will need to go back and clear a path for them to join us (unless some more DM intervention can take place and teleporting ensue? - though "rescue" missions could be a good laugh - hmmmm... lots of enemies...fireball :) ).

Ahh yes the hordes of gobbo's I met them when I joinned, but luckly got some high ground and rainned death on them till my little bow ran out of arrows and it all went horribly wrong.

I noticed that there seemed to have been a bit of a fight in the inn, I'm sure bigger thugs will be hired.

by the way. Me in work and bored. So i've nothing better to do than spam the roleplaying board and look like I'm working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

As it is holiday season and we are all elsewhere for New Years most likely, anyone up for a game on the 27th or 28th?

I think I am away from the 29th and plan to do some work on the 27th and 28th, but a preset game would be a welcome respite from the whole festive drinking on those two days.

What ye reckon?

JAK.

ps- I resent that 'Jak-itis' comment. They had it coming.

27th would be good for me :) I'm off on the 28th to bonnie wee scotland for a ton of beer...oh, and to see the wee lassie of course.

We still need that mage resurrected though (DM!) and we still cannot find that corpse. Rev, can you have a look and give us a hint? (just which area he is in.. "near the woods edge" could be on either area).

ps - jak, I think you meant to say "they never saw it coming" :)

Aye well tomorrow could be good so.

Any time suit in particular? I plan to avoid drinking tomorrow entirely - and though I will do some work in the day, should be mostly free.

28th I am only about in the evening, 29th evening again, and then I am away till the New year.

I could probs do the DM bit if needs be tomorrow and there are some sticking points. Only thing is I can't port or affect my own toon - but that is grand, kinda looking forward to killing things with arrows and fighting out to ye.

JAK

about 9 would suit me grand.

I'll check in, if no-one there by about 9:30 or so, I'll head off to the pub :)

I'll start the server at 8:30 as normal.

Can't make it after all tonight :(

Sorry lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I Turned up at 8:30. Rev reset the Yellow Fang mod because of a corrupt save game.

Played on my own for 90mins or so. Stayed in the first map just kicking some Goblin ass. I opened the North gate for when we next play this mod.

Found loads of goodies and will hand them out at the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

:/ Damn modem decided to not work for most of today, by the time I started installing 56k drivers the damn thing started up again. A bit too late.

I bet your like a very strong small thing covered in metal after killing all those goblins Cheese :) Happen to chance on any clericy goodies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Pity Mantel I had a good time.

I'm now a Lvl 10 big shiny tank :)

Got poisoned bolts, arrow of fire, 2-3 scrolls un-id'd. some fancy bullets, amulets of protection and a few other things.

O yeah and improved power attack and improved critical feats give me a 64hp attack. Happened about 5 times this evening.

Advertisement