Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox Multiplayer : crossover cable support

Options
  • 23-12-2002 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Why the hell don't developers use the inbuilt nics so that people can play multiplayer games via a cross over cable and two xboxes ? It really bugs me that this "advanced" console doesn't get the support that it should.Anyone know if any companies plan this or what the story with this is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

They do on several titles, but its true that not all games support it. I see from your other thread that you a refering to MOH Frontline. As the PS2 original didnt offer LAN support, I imagine adding Link Cable support was too much bother for EA.

Halo, Nascar Heat, Tony Hawk2, Tony Hawk3 and Nascar Thunder 2002 support the link cable BTW.

matt

EDIT: Look here for more games and info on the Gamespy Tunnel for XB:
    http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Thanks for the informative response.From what I gather these are the only system link capable games atm

* Deathrow
    * Halo
    * Ghost Recon
    * MechAssault
    * MotoGP
    * NASCAR Heat 2002
    * NFL Fever 2003
    * TimeSplitters 2
    * Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x
    * Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
    * Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
    * Unreal Championship

Played James Bond today and once again the developers were too lame to take advantage of the system link option.Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by DannyD
    Why the hell don't developers use the inbuilt nics so that people can play multiplayer games via a cross over cable and two xboxes ? It really bugs me that this "advanced" console doesn't get the support that it should.Anyone know if any companies plan this or what the story with this is ?

it would be ns and easy?

It IS nice and easy considering that most developers now have the capacity and ability to include lan or internet play in their games.However EA are lame and only port their ps2 crap onto the xbox.There should be a law preventing this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement