Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 Problem ........

Options
  • 22-12-2002 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Its doesnt play cds with a blue end (blue at the bottom)
    I got this gameshark memory card and you gotta load this cd (which has a blue end) and i get this error message "Please insert a ps or ps2 disc".

My friends got a ps2 aswell and it works on his , i just got my ps2 recently and he has his for a good year now .

Does this have something to do with the version of the ps2 ?

Plus i will be getting a mod chip later sometime next year and i heard that mod chips are not compatible with old versions of ps2`s , so how do i check my version .
    Ive read about this somewhere here , but i cant find it .

My ps2 model is = SCPH - 39003

Thanks .

Memory cards are too EXPENSIVE !!!!!!!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Just seen this in google
    The USBMOD is compatible with all PS2 Consoles, except for the new 3900x series.

My series is new ? bleh .....theyl bring out new mod chips then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

If it doesnt load actual ps2 cd games (blue cd's) then bring it back a it should still be under warrantee. If it just doesn't load the gameshark disc, no surprise, gameshark aren't exactly quality central. Bin it and if you have to have a cheats disc (christ knows why, its like pissing the 60 quid you paid for the game away) go and get an action replay.

I got this memory card off a friend , the blue cd is the boot disc for it . It works on his , All ps2 games are silver at the bottom , are they gonna bring out blue ? il try get some blue ps1 games and try them . memory cards are bleeding expensive , you cant lay any game without them , specially FFX !!!! argh /.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Placebo
    I got this memory card off a friend , the blue cd is the boot disc for it . It works on his , All ps2 games are silver at the bottom , are they gonna bring out blue ? il try get some blue ps1 games and try them . memory cards are bleeding expensive , you cant lay any game without them , specially FFX !!!! argh /.....

you can get ps2 games that come on blue disks.

eeeppppppp ! i better return this , cause i dont have any blue ps2 games AND i dont know any one with them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Sony Colour Coding System for Disk Media:

Black= PS1 Disk (CD-ROM)

Blue= PS2 CD-ROM Game

Silver= PS2 DVD-ROM Game

Advertisement